Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what you guys are talking about.... i thought when you buy the whipple ho you get a programmer that is pre tuned all you do is plug it in. now how is it possible to have a bad tune?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well people tell me when i get my car s/c with a whipple ho at 10 psi. it wount ruin my engine if it is tuned good. i just couldnt figure out how it could be bad or good, i always thought it was a plug n go deal.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The "canned" tune that comes w/ the Whipple will be generic. All cars are different, so you can't beat having your car dyno turned by a reputable/knowledgeable tuner. The canned tune will do fine. If you want more performance, though, you'll take it somewhere for a custom tune soon after the install. And if you do, you'll still want a "good" (or safe) tune.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
If I'm not mistaken you overnight your computer to whipple to get re-calibrated. Where ever it may be and they overnight it back to you. Now it has the parameters to work with the whipple. From there you can take it to get dynotuned. Once everything is hooked up I still wouldn't ride it hard until the dyno tune

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what am i safer with just using the "canned" tune or getting it custom tuned?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
canned tune is a good tune. Like MSCLCAR said its best to have a dynotune. Not all cars respond the same.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that didnt quiet anwser my question. from my understanding to get the best performance out of the sc, get it dyno. but what i am asking is what would be the safest, lest to damage the engine?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I believe a dyno tune will always be better. They can get the best performance out of an engine but keep it very realiable. They will correct the air/fuel mixture which if done wrong will damage the engine more

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
the canned tune from ford racing is good and safe, they send you a voucher w/ the whipple SC to get a FRPP tuner w/ tune on there. w/ the HO kit you may see 420-430 rwhp and safe A/F ratio. if you want more power, you can go w/ a custom or dyno tune.
damaging your engine depends more on how you drive it, the more you push the limits and taking to the track every weekend it will burn your engine out faster. you can get a safe tune that runs 450-460 rwhp but i wouldnt push it much more than that w/ a TS and stock bottom.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you very much is there anything you guys think i should know before i go through with this?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
work on your neck muscles so you dont get whiplash when to go into full boost!
oh ya, and watch out for the po-lice when you're road testing the new power adder.
where are you ordering from anyway?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am not sure yet, who ever can get me the best quote. I think the best i have gotten sofare is 5500 for a polished. Thats another question what do you guys think should i get it polished or just black

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Heard polished retains heat more

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes but it is 400 dollars more for some crome.
my

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my car also is dark grey so black just might look better anyways

1 - 20 of 31 Posts