Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
im guessing that a dyno will give you the more beneficial aspect of getting your car tuned just right... but like Trick said i have seen some crazy street tuned machines that have never touched a dyno.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I would stay street tuning just for the sake of driveablility. You get on the spot feedback.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I would stay street tuning just for the sake of driveablility. You get on the spot feedback.
If i dyno tune a car it will have the same driveability as one of my street tunes. This is not the case for all tuners, because probably at least 50% or even 90% of the dyno tooners out there just do WOT tunes and don't mess with the stuff that takes a lot of time to dial in and make the car run like stock until you hit the gas. I could do a WOT tune in about 1/4 the time as a full tune.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
And that is exactly why as say a street tune. I really should not say that though. To me the tuner is more important then the tuning.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All good answers so far
Trick tuners prety much hit it on the nail "that other stuff" is very important

Azsonic Snake 129 is deflty sick for full wieght Cobra but bet you anything that you tune that Cobra on the street you might gain another 1 or 2 on the strip. But the whole Turbo vs Sc on street and dyno both should be on street.

MpCobrafan very good point as well

But Iam still waiting to see if some can sate one of the reasons why street tuning is so important and why it is so different from dyno.

I have seen so many dyno queens with 800hp loose to 700 street tuned or sometime even lower hp and torque cars, and they were around the same weight because of course that would be the first factor.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And that is exactly why as say a street tune. I really should not say that though. To me the tuner is more important then the tuning.
This is very ture very good tuners that are honest to custmer are hard to find as well.

·
2009 ROTY
5,646 Posts
with how consistant and reliable my car is, i cannot question the tune one bit. i went back in a few months back to have my tuner check the tune after two years, and its still spot on, and still making the number with a fresh set of plugs. my tuner is one of the best at tuning the 4v motor, so i cannot question his ability one bit. ;)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
with how consistant and reliable my car is, i cannot question the tune one bit. i went back in a few months back to have my tuner check the tune after two years, and its still spot on, and still making the number with a fresh set of plugs. my tuner is one of the best at tuning the 4v motor, so i cannot question his ability one bit. ;)

Thats what I woud call a tuner who knows what the hell is doing :cool:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
While i cannot comment on the tune quality of your tune, having consistency has nothing to do with a good tune. I could give you a POS tune and it will be the exact same forever until you change a part, or the engine blows up:tomato.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes this true but it some cases you get tuners who will tell you have 600hp show it to you on dyno which could aslo be off than they might bring it down a bit and when you go out and race a car you should beat you get smoked. this is only very small group but it does happen especially in flordia lol.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Basically what I was trying to get to is that things change when the car has to haul its own weight or when it is on actua load. There have been times where even the air to fuel could change a bit. There is also the driving factors to consider like air that is being pushed into the motor to cool off which really cant be simulated even with those badass dyno fans that are syncronized with the dyno wheel. All these combined are very important factors to think about. Why do you think the fastest street or strip cars have been tuned for hours and have been dialed in after the dyno.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok im going to sound like a total noob, but why's it matter where you tune your car? And what makes a street tune so good? or a dyno tune so good? And why would a street tune make faster times on the strip?

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
It is actual driving conditions as opposed to simulated conditions. The downside to street tuning (unless at the track) is getting caught by the po po.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Ok im going to sound like a total noob, but why's it matter where you tune your car? And what makes a street tune so good? or a dyno tune so good? And why would a street tune make faster times on the strip?
dyno tuning usually only accounts for WOT

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i have this same questionso good thread start! I cant decide if I want to do a street or dyno tune with my P1sc and a 3.5k stall in it. I feel dyno b.c tuning with the lock up and such.

·
Banned
837 Posts
I am a tuner that only street tunes , and I have zero complaints after my customers get their cars and I havent had any complaints when they go to the track either ....

·
Registered
997 Posts
street tune. a dyno will show you numbers on a chart.
a street tune will let you SEE how your putting it to the ground.

a car that dynos at 800hp on the dyno could be a peice of **** on
the street cause it cant put **** to the ground.

with that being said there could be some 600hp street tuned beast that
has a proper suspension and puts that 600hp to the ground.

bottom like a dyno will show you what your number is not what your time
at the track is.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts