Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lets see, I was due for an emissions test by March 31st. I knew I wouldn't pass running lean so I had my cracked manifold replaced about March 15th. I reset my computer by unplugging the battery for 20 minutes to make it forget it ever ran lean lol.

I have drivin for a decent chunk over 500 miles so far and I keep getting the yellow light on my code scanner for "emissions readiness". I was told the computer should figure everything out my 150 miles at the latest, but its been over 500 miles so far and nothing has changed. No codes, no nothing. I have no exhaust leaks of any kind and nothing is wrong with my car at all.

Could anything make this happen? I have 574 miles on my trip mileage thing right now from when it was set to 0 when I reset the battery. How much longer should I wait? I am about 3 days overdue for my inspection right now. :lol

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Your crazy emissions testing confuses me :confused: Honestly, if you can put it off for a few more days then I think you should reset the computer again and go for a nice long drive. If it doesn't help, you're not in any worse shape than before :dunno

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've thought about it, but not sure. So at least you agree 500 miles is too long to wait right? Usually whenever I've done this a code has popped up or not within 150.

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow thats a lot of info just to get that done. Thanks man, reps givin.

Although I can't park my car for 8 hours today, I have to work. :( But I will give it a go.

EDIT: Just did all the steps except for the parking for 8 hours, I have work in an hour so its impossible for me to do. But after I was done I decided to hook up the scanner to see if anything changed. Before a little circle with "EV" in it was flashing with a yellow emissions light. Now a little circle with a "C" in it is flashing with the same yellow light. My guess it's still the computer figuring everything out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts