Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
what do ppl mean by mass air?

that black thing imbetween your blue tubes on your air intakes is the mass air sensor in your picture, from what i gather it helps with tuning, and with your computer...

·
Registered
371 Posts
i know what the sensor is but when ppl talk about converting to mass air??

oh like me i dont have it i have speed density, but mass air is only really needed to tune not stock engines better

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Speed density uses map sensor. It is less tuneable. Mass air pressure vs mass air flow. Mass air meter measures the amount of air coming in to determine how long the squirters stay on. The more air, the more fuel, the higher the rpm in laymens terms. Its been a while since I talked about this stuff so I could be rusty. You can google all kind of info on them. I am sure someone can ellaborate on it.

or you can read his link. I type too slow!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Speed density uses map sensor. It is less tuneable. Mass air pressure vs mass air flow. Mass air meter measures the amount of air coming in to determine how long the squirters stay on. The more air, the more fuel, the higher the rpm in laymens terms. Its been a while since I talked about this stuff so I could be rusty. You can google all kind of info on them. I am sure someone can ellaborate on it.

or you can read his link. I type too slow!

yes i would have typed it all but was easier to google it, haha

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok the way i see it is........
mas air= throttle body, upper intake, injectors, more advanced comp

speed density= carb lower intake less electronics?

im too tired to really read a lot

·
Registered
371 Posts
ok the way i see it is........
mas air= throttle body, upper intake, injectors, more advanced comp

speed density= carb lower intake less electronics?

im too tired to really read a lot

k what

·
Registered
569 Posts
uh no mass air is just a sifferent sensor i and setup they both are efi

·
Registered
371 Posts
how do u like your underdrives? kuskey

i didnt really notice them.... so i guess i dont, hahah but i have them so why not use them

·
Registered
371 Posts
I didnt know ya could get much of anything out of a TB on non Mass Air, wow sweet.

on a stock engine usually a non mass air or speed density creates more power, your just limited on tuning, so mass air is needed for major upgrades or highly sudjested anyway

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I read a few write-ups on underdrive pullies and found that if you get the aluminum ones, you're much better off. You actually are supposed to get more of a power gain from switching to lighter pullies than stock that you do from the gain of the diameter difference, due to less unsprung weight in the pullies themselves.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts