Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 v6 with a cold air intake and going to have true dual with cherry momb glasspacks. can anyone tell me close to what i should have now for horsepower and torque?

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Right around what you started with. Maybe 10 if that much horsepower with the exhaust. By the way, this could have gone right in your other thread asking about this. Please don't make a new thread when you have a thread 2 threads down talking about the same thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would i be better off with differnt mufflers or dosnt that effect horsepower or torque very much? im going for as much torque as i can get :)

and sorry i guess, dont mean to make anyone mad at me. im new to this site and still trying to figure things out

·
Registered
396 Posts
its cool. just do alot of personal research. no you want mufflers. they give more back pressure and different mufflers give diff HP

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks guys, i havent done a lot to my car yet and i just joined this site this morning and im just starting to figure out how to do stuff so im gonna get better quick, then i wont be wasting any of your time with pointles seperate threads

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
You have about 170rwhp.. If you want to get more then get a cam or forced induction

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just really wish there would be some cheaper method that could give me more power. im only 16 so i obviously dont have a major cash flow, i do have a job and work a decent amount, but $3000 for a supercharger is definately not an easy thing for me to afford.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im thinking for now im gonna have to stick with smaller bolt ons or other easier things. exhaust and CAI for sure, maybe a tuner next, not sure yet

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
would i be better off with differnt mufflers or dosnt that effect horsepower or torque very much? im going for as much torque as i can get :)
Glasspacks sound horrible on our cars. They're pretty much the equivalent of fart-cans on Hondas. Plus I believe they're straight through so you'd probably lose some low end torque with them. Look into Flowmasters or Thrush Welds (basically a cheap "knock-off" of Flowmasters). They're both chambered mufflers and sound great with divorced duals or an h-pipe (don't go with an x-pipe, too raspy).

ok thanks guys, i havent done a lot to my car yet and i just joined this site this morning and im just starting to figure out how to do stuff so im gonna get better quick, then i wont be wasting any of your time with pointles seperate threads
Don't worry about it man. I recommend that newcomers learn to utilize the search feature and read as much as they can. You'll learn a lot here. I came here not knowing a damn thing about cars or how they work and now I basically do all my own work on my car ;)

i just really wish there would be some cheaper method that could give me more power. im only 16 so i obviously dont have a major cash flow, i do have a job and work a decent amount, but $3000 for a supercharger is definately not an easy thing for me to afford.
Power costs money. Start with the small things and start working on your rattle can skills (for a few bucks you can do a lot for the appearance of your car). Once you get the hang of things and know your way around your car then start your savings account mod :yes

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah im hoping to learn a lot from this site :) im hoping to learn as much as i possibly can so any mods i want i can install myself

and i already have a single glasspack and it dosnt sound too bad, if i went with the flow 40's ive heard a lot of people say they are really quiet on a v6, i dont need obnoxious, but do want to be heard so idk? im looking for a muffler that gives a loud, deep tone and helps power

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I've got a custom fabbed h-pipe and 2 Flowmaster 40's on my car and they're pretty loud. Not obnoxiously loud but my family doesn't have to look outside to know I'm home and I only get up to may 2k RPM (in 2nd gear) when I'm driving through our parking lot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
would that be louder than the glasspacks or is it still gonna be quieter?
or what other choices for good loud mufflers?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Go through this thread and listen to the different exhausts

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/79415-official-v6-exhaust-thread-clips.html

I think they should all have their setups listed. I highly recommend against Glasspacks. They're going to be loud, but it's not going to be a good loud (aka it's going to sound really shitty). Flowmasters and Thrush Welds are the most common choices for our cars. They can be pretty loud. Remove your rear cats and get MIL eliminators to make your exhaust louder (it will get a little raspier).

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Loud isn't always the best sounding... I personally like quiet with a nice chug a lug to go with

1 - 20 of 81 Posts