Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at CMS Vt stage 2 cams, and I have someone who would help me install them for free, but I need to get the tools and all the supplies.

I need:
The cams
Valve springs (Recommendations on what kind?)
Valve spring tool to remove springs - $100
Adjustable cam springs?

He can degree the cams, but will I need a tune after installing?

Are the bolts 12mm or 10mm? We have all the ratchets and various other tools needed.

Did the 2003 gts come with a Windsor block or a romeo?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Pretty much basic tools would get the job done.

Honestly, I recommend a tune after heads/cams/ superchargers.

You have a romeo block.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking all late 01+ used the romeo. Thanks for the clarification. Basically, $900 plus the cost of a tune and I could have my cams done. Better than the $2k i was quoted.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Have you read through the degreeing cams article? http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/113844-cam-degreeing-write-up.html You can expect to put that much work into it and need at least all that stuff. It couldn't hurt to read through it.

Also, I am pretty sure you have a Romeo block. They used the Windsor from 1999 until late 2001 then switched over to the Romeo. In any case the easiest way to check is by counting the valve cover bolts. The Windsor block has 13/14 while the Romeo has 11.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man! The guy who is helping me install them worked on engines for a race team, so he will be in charge of degreeing them , thank God.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts