Modded Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:p Hi. I just purchased a 2000 Mustang and I would like to put an alarm on it, but there is too much information out there. So I was wondering what everyone else has. I have some flashing light that says theft on the dash which I have no idea what it is. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
193 Posts
factory alarms suck ass....lol anyone can disarm those
i would go with a Viper or autopage.....those are the 2 best in my opinion
i have a viper alarm and love it

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
:p Hi. I just purchased a 2000 Mustang and I would like to put an alarm on it, but there is too much information out there. So I was wondering what everyone else has. I have some flashing light that says theft on the dash which I have no idea what it is. Thanks for your input.
The theft light flashing is your factory alarm system, if you dont have the oem remote you can get it on ebay for 15 bucks, some of them have instructions on how to do it, but I know how to do it also......

Best alarm theres one that you can do a lot of thing with it like turning the stereo on, and lowers your windows but how much money are you looking to spend? :D and

Welcome to Modded Mustangs... :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
i have friends who have Viper systems and they all love them... plus its cool when it says,"Viper system armed/disarmed" lolz

·
Registered
380 Posts
Stock Alarm= ASS...

Get a Viper..

I have a Viper and it came with a proximity sensor and a shock sensor
so if someone comes within 2feet ANYWHERE around the whole vehicle
the alarm gives a warning chirp and if they continue to stand there
the full blown alarm goes off, oh the shock sensor, if someone touches
the car it goes off to but 1st they have to get by the proximity sensor!lol

·
Registered
380 Posts
^That's a nice one how much you paid for it?
yea it really is!I paid $400 installed with lifetime warranty
I 4got to add that i can leave my top down doors open
and if someone trys to reach inside it goes off with the
quickness!!:D

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
+1 for Viper, everyone I know who has one loves it. I just double click the door locks when I get out so the horn beeps twice, I am very very sneaky. Alarms to me are almost pointless unless its at home at night for YOU to hear, cuz anyone else in public they ignore them, you know this. Thats why the viper is nice cuz the keychain tells you exactly what panel is being intruded, etc.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
+1 for Viper, everyone I know who has one loves it. I just double click the door locks when I get out so the horn beeps twice, I am very very sneaky. Alarms to me are almost pointless unless its at home at night for YOU to hear, cuz anyone else in public they ignore them, you know this. Thats why the viper is nice cuz the keychain tells you exactly what panel is being intruded, etc.
I'd go with this or factory. I've heard of plenty of windows getting smashed and **** being stolen without an alarm ever going off (a girl in one of my classes last semester had a $700 hunting bow stolen out of her truck and others had lots of little **** stolen). I'd prefer to just keep my valuables out of my car and leave the doors unlocked. Some idiot can steal my sunglasses, air freshener, and spare change if he's really that desperate.

·
Registered
990 Posts
old thread bump FTL. anyways broski all you need is to get a couple pittbulls and youll be fine

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
^Amen, why people leave such **** in their cars, esp. when its at home is beyond me, my car is always damn near empty, although my head unit and radar detector are gone quick, uh oh $200 stereo and a free detector! Lame.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
I never realize when newblets do this when I'm the 3rd new poster. Whoops. Yeah if you're scared get a dog.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.