Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruisin about 110 and my car died. It will crank but not start, however if you spray starting fluid in it then it will start. There is no fuel coming from any of the injectors. I changed the fuel pump but I got more fuel pressure to the fuel rail from the old fuel pump. The fuel rail has like 40psi. The check engine light never came on and everything still works inside the car. The plugs are throwin fire like mad with no problem I shocked the piss out of myself on accident. I was thinking it might be the fuel pressure regulator does anyone know something that I am maybe missing?

:mad: F^%k D#NM M*th$R F&C^ER!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MAF?? I am a shade tree mech. bro you have to break down the acronyme...

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
somthing is telling your car not to throw fuel...my guess

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
the MAF is a mass air feul sensor its just a few wires if you have an intake and say clean your filter with the oil your supposed to and use to much then it will stick to your MAF and start collecting dust and tell the computer in your car that its not getting any air even though it is kinds jsut like flooding your car but with air i guess all it need to be cleaned is a phillips screwdriver and some brake cleaner

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am in Iraq right now bro but I go home for leave in 15 days so I will try it when i get there. It has sat for 4 months now.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
the MAF is a mass air feul sensor its just a few wires if you have an intake and say clean your filter with the oil your supposed to and use to much then it will stick to your MAF and start collecting dust and tell the computer in your car that its not getting any air even though it is kinds jsut like flooding your car but with air i guess all it need to be cleaned is a phillips screwdriver and some brake cleaner

No. Its Mass Air Flow Sensor. But I definatly clean it. You said you changed the pump. Have you changed the fuel filter?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know the filter is good because it is getting fuel to the fuel rail 40psi worth and I changed it prior to the problem unless there are 2 and I am unaware of the location of the 2nd one.... If there are 2 then I changed the one in the back by the tank.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
the auto part store has some electrical cleaner spray use that because the little wire for the Mass Air Flow sensor is very delicate. blast some elec cleaner spray on it and see if that helps...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts