Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Bought It This Way, It Looks Like The Cell Was Put Into The Tank.
Seems Strange Anyone Seen This Before? Is It Normal? The Pic Is My Sig. Just Not Sure How To Post A Pic In A Thread.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Seems Strange Anyone Seen This Before? Is It Normal? The Pic Is My Sig. Just Not Sure How To Post A Pic In A Thread.
i see nothing!:D GO TO ATTACHMENTS AND HIT BROWSE

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
:badlink

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what is this??? A FUEL CELL? PIC INCLUDED

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

no it is a fuel tank sump.btw great idea and it dont run your pump dry on startup.It is actually welded onto the tank you just dont see it b/c of the fuel tank cover

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm.. so when i add fuel does it still go into the orig. tank? or is this welded in sump hold it all or...?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Yeah, that's a pretty nice fuel system setup in the back anyway. What's on the rest of the car?

·
Registered
377 Posts
What would that be good for?

Get your fuel to the pump.
These Competition Engineering fuel tank sump kits mount in the lowest, rear-most part of your tank, so that they maximize pressure on the inlet side of your fuel pump.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
What would that be good for?
The answer above mine is the accurate answer but the sump allows better flow for pickup and muc much better if your car lifts off the front. It's good for better fuel feeding and less fuel starvation. Not just lifting off the front when you launch but when you launch period! All the fuel from gravity get pushed back allowing the fuel to be fed to the pump.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts