Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Ok I know this might be a stupid question lol but I have no idea what is it or what is it used for. and ive been seeing this on Mustangs and wanted to know what is it called !? and what is it even used for ! lol

I mean is it actually useful ? or just for show ?

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
hood pins...

edit they put added security on the hood if you have a hood latch and some people (I think) take out the latch and only use the hood pins

Some people use hood pins in front and rear so they can easy on and off hood

plus it looks cool

edit edit some are just for looks

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
^ very well said

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
^ not being mean thought someone said you got banned LOL

edit nevermind your on probation sorry

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
^ not being mean thought someone said you got banned LOL

edit nevermind your on probation sorry
Hackers can unban themselves. It sucks for the rest of us.

The hood pins help keep the hood from flying up at high rates of speed because the latch *could* fail.

Mainly just for show. Some aren't even real--they are just stuck on the hood-- the real ones are drilled through.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Hackers can unban themselves. It sucks for the rest of us.

The hood pins help keep the hood from flying up at high rates of speed because the latch *could* fail.

Mainly just for show. Some aren't even real--they are just stuck on the hood-- the real ones are drilled through.
When you know your way around the system you can find ways to un-band yourself.

Jk,

They had my band lift date for October 13th at 5pm. I did my time and learned my lesson not to use ugly words and bash other members.

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
yep hood pins. i dont really like them. they are mostly for looks. few use it for actual function, to hold the hood down at high speeds.

EDIT: ive hit the limiter at 160 mph in mine, no hood pins. not necessary.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Thats a really sweet car in the first pick.

Hood pins are sexy. the s197s can easily have the hood blowing around. i have had it happen twice, once at about 140 and once at about 120. There are other fixes for it but some people like the hood pins. And if you ever have your hood start lifting you darn sure will wish you had some. Both times it happen to me I said i was going to get some but just never have out of laziness.

and auto x is slow.

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
yep hood pins. i dont really like them. they are mostly for looks. few use it for actual function, to hold the hood down at high speeds.

EDIT: ive hit the limiter at 160 mph in mine, no hood pins. not necessary.
Usually people get them not just because they are going high speeds, but also because the high speeds + aftermarket hoods could end up bad. Aftermarket hoods are lighter so they can fly up easier

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
ummm, not sure if this has been said yet....

they are hood pins. Mostly for looks, but some functionality on various vehicles.

correct me if i am wrong... :dunno

:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
923 Posts
Esos son Hood Pins. A veces son utilizadas sólo para la apariencia, pero a veces se perforan a través de la capucha y ayudan a mantener abajo.

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I have seen a couple hoods come right up. One on the freeway, one on the track. I got sick of watching my hood bounce in the corners at speeds over 75mph. I take to long of trips to have that bouncing around on me. That is why I have hood pins. So yes, they are for a function.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I think they look like the cat's jammies. :yes

Mine are the real deal.

Scott Drake FTW!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts