Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, new to the site, and mustangs, just bought an 01 GT with a few mods (flowmaster exhaust, cold air intake, sct livewire, 4.11 ratio (I think), and this thing pictured below. If any of you know what it is, please let me know what it does, how to use it, etc. As you can see, it's some sort of knob that you can adjust from 0-7. Haha, thanks a lot

http://img824.imageshack.us/g/img0438sf.jpg/

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Can't see anything, but it sounds like a multi-tune chip with a selector knob from the description.

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, ok, thanks for the info. I see that it says for the sct-4 eliminator chip though I was given the sct livewire?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The car must be off before you change it for it to make a difference. If you want to verify that it's in there or not, just pull the passenger's side kick panel off. You'll see the wire running into the ECU, where it will plug into a chip on the bottom side of the ECU.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
You would only see a difference when racing the car and considering its mods it still won't be much of a difference.

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts
The Livewire has a digital interface that looks like this:

The four-bank eliminator is just a chip with a dial selector, like you have pictured.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts