Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been blocked off since the new intake was installed.. I'm not sure what it used to do, or what its supposed to do. Hopefully someone here know!

·
Registered
338 Posts
stock 302 (cam) will have 17 a bigger one will have less
Fordracingparts.com has down loadable instructions maybe find something there.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
That's the egr coolant tube. There should be one on the back side of the intake in the same spot that connects to the lower intake in the back. It's to cool the egr spacer down with engine coolant but allot of people disconnect this when they disable the egr system.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I still have my EGR but I don't have a spacer
cobra intakes have the egr spacer incorperated into the upper intake.. every other intake out there for these cars requires a seperate egr spacer to be ran with the intake/throttle body to be able to make use of the egr. Also without a spacer some people run into there throttlebodys not being in the right spot for there throttle cable and such so they have to shortin the cables etc

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I kind of enjoyed having it incorporated as I said I don't plan on keeping the EGR on. It's odd someone said its blocked off when the EGR is removed but it's never been removed or tampered with, aside from that line being blocked off since I got the car.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
yea I had a feeling that its not a spacer but its part of the intake but I still don't understand why people block this off even when they have a cobra intake

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Most common reason would be the EGR being disabled, removed, or deleted which in my situation makes absolutely no sense, it was blocked off before the new intake hah so who knows.

·
Registered
327 Posts
flyin ryan - Im in the middle of installing a GT40 intake, Will I use the mustang EGR still if im using the explorer TB?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
yea thats what I'm saying with my cobra intake I don't need a spacer because I already have an EGR port built on the cobra intake but my question is that if coolant line is blocked off wouldn't it cause damage to the EGR or loose HP.
Id your keeping your egr functional then having the coolant lines hooked up would benefit you slightly where as no having them hooked up with your functional egr would higher in temperature but wouldn't cause any problems.

I personally deleted them on my dd because of swapping intakes/tb's. Reason for that is the fact that with the coolant going through the spacer it corrodes and makes it very difficult to disassemble the tb,egr spacer and upper intake.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts