Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oooops, oh well I'm wondering about that "block" in the upper left corner of the engine bay, that has all the wires running to it. What is it? and what does it do? I have way to many wires on my starter solenoid(i think thats it) so I was hoping to free up some space and came across this. Thanks and Happy Halloween

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
douche...

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Someone did their own wiring and that is a junction block/barrier strip to separate the wire runs from inside to outside, meaning all of the wires that are in the car that have to go out go through the firewall and to that block, then from that block to the final destination in the engine compartment. Again, just my guess from the picture. This is not a bad thing when done right and a nice way to keep things neat and organized. If you were not given a wiring diagram, you will have to trace everything out yourself and see where it comes from and where it goes. I know when people do their own wiring, they typically only wire what was needed so I doubt you will find things that can be removed.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
distribution block or also called junction block.. what most people do when they have allot of stuff that require tapping into a "key-on" source. Instead of having tons of things feed off of one wire they'll install one of these blocks. Make one tap to this key-on source wire and run it to the block. Then they can attach all the accessories that need the key-on to this block and it's clean and easy to troubleshoot later on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
man i wish my engine compartment was as clean as that...i'm gunna get some pics up of my rust bucket tomorrow..it needs some major surgery

1 - 6 of 6 Posts