21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
RIP Dennis
76,432 Posts
2008 Acura TL-S

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
My DD is an 07 F-150 XLT (company truck)...soon to be getting a new company truck though:) 2012 F-150 XLT extended cab. I just have to put 4,000 more miles on my current truck.

Alod have the Cobra, of course, and the 1940 Buick.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Some great responses! Love the pictures, jokes and reponses, keep them coming.

·
Danger To Manifold!!!!
2,378 Posts
My sweet 2001 Toyota Corolla. It's like driving around in a dishwasher, or any other appliance because it has absolutely no soul! But it's rather reliable even at 186k, and gets around 30mpg :dunno

Sent from not my computer

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I'm close enough that I Chevro-leg it to work, but my normal driving is in the Bronco if I don't have the kid or our Mazda5 if I do.

I'm looking to swap the Bronco out for something else, though. What I need is a good freeway car and I just have absolutely no need of 4x4 or towing capacity.

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
I'm close enough that I Chevro-leg it to work, but my normal driving is in the Bronco if I don't have the kid or our Mazda5 if I do.

I'm looking to swap the Bronco out for something else, though. What I need is a good freeway car and I just have absolutely no need of 4x4 or towing capacity.
The Taurus (Aka Betty, because she's a golden girl) gets right around 30 MPG's. That hand calculated and not going by the computer. 90% of my driving is interstate though. If I had a little more $$ to deal with I probably would have gotten a TDI Jetta. But they just want to much for them around here.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
The F150 will be the daily as soon as I get around to getting it registered and insured. the mustang's looking at being hardparked for the next year or so until it can get some... upgrades ;)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
2000 passat 5spd. Great car :)

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
The Taurus (Aka Betty, because she's a golden girl) gets right around 30 MPG's. That hand calculated and not going by the computer. 90% of my driving is interstate though. If I had a little more $$ to deal with I probably would have gotten a TDI Jetta. But they just want to much for them around here.
Oh, I'm not concerned about the mileage (though better than 16 would definitely be nice), it's the ability to cruise comfortably at 80mph. The Bronco's got the power to do it, but you it's loud as f:mad:k inside and you can feel the aerodynamics fighting you. It might be better with different tires, but the tires on there are maybe 2 years old and still look new.

Besides, I'd never get a Taurus because the only stickshifts were in the first-gen SHOs, and I've yet to see a first-gen SHO that wasn't beat to hell and back twice over.

What I'd love to find is a turbo Volvo wagon but finding one with a stickshift seems impossible. Apparently early-90s yuppie-liberals weren't into that whole row-your-own thing, lol.

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Oh, I'm not concerned about the mileage (though better than 16 would definitely be nice), it's the ability to cruise comfortably at 80mph. The Bronco's got the power to do it, but you it's loud as f:mad:k inside and you can feel the aerodynamics fighting you. It might be better with different tires, but the tires on there are maybe 2 years old and still look new.

Besides, I'd never get a Taurus because the only stickshifts were in the first-gen SHOs, and I've yet to see a first-gen SHO that wasn't beat to hell and back twice over.

What I'd love to find is a turbo Volvo wagon but finding one with a stickshift seems impossible. Apparently early-90s yuppie-liberals weren't into that whole row-your-own thing, lol.

You can get a 5 speed in the second gen's as well. I understand that, but the GF can't drive stick yet. So we had to get something she could drive as well. Going to teach her on the 5.0 as soon as we get time. :D

21 - 40 of 111 Posts