Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I mainly DD the 2011 cadillac cts4 premium which I just picked up.

Iv'e also got a 2009 jaguar xj vandan plas which is a nice car but the ride is a little rough and i'm really thinking about trading it in for more of a weekend warrier. Don't know what I would want though too many options.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I DD my 2000 GT.

But I'm curious for those with Mustangs and a DD. After insurance, registration, and gas. Does an eco 4 cylinder actually save that much money over the Mustang? Do you have both insured? Maybe all the mods decrease gas a lot

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
I mainly DD the 2011 cadillac cts4 premium which I just picked up.

Iv'e also got a 2009 jaguar xj vandan plas which is a nice car but the ride is a little rough and i'm really thinking about trading it in for more of a weekend warrier. Don't know what I would want though too many options.
No offence... but that jag front end... :puke

·
7,889 Posts
I DD my 2000 GT.

But I'm curious for those with Mustangs and a DD. After insurance, registration, and gas. Does an eco 4 cylinder actually save that much money over the Mustang? Do you have both insured? Maybe all the mods decrease gas a lot
If you bought a cheap as **** 4cyl... it would save you money. With the svt focus I'm probably buying tomorrow, it's more or less to keep the miles off the stang, better gas mileage, and more reliable (won't get beat on like my mustang)

But as far as gas/insurnace savings, it will add up and save you money over time depending on the differences, but at first it's only going to cost you more.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
If you bought a cheap as **** 4cyl... it would save you money. With the svt focus I'm probably buying tomorrow, it's more or less to keep the miles off the stang, better gas mileage, and more reliable (won't get beat on like my mustang)

But as far as gas/insurnace savings, it will add up and save you money over time depending on the differences, but at first it's only going to cost you more.
I wanted to expand on this to just show how long you're talking about.

It helps if you think of things in terms of gallons/100 miles rather than mpg, as this makes seeing how much you'll actually save much easier.

10mpg - 10g/100m
15mpg - 6.67g/100m
20mpg - 5g/100m
25mpg - 4g/100m
33.3mpg - 3g/100m
50mpg - 2g/100m

The point of putting that chart out there is to show that if you're already getting 25mpg (which most Mustangs with stock gearing seem to get close to that on the highway), to save $4 for every hundred miles you'd have to jump up to over 33mpg. If you drive 12,000 miles/year, it would take you over 4 years of driving JUST the beater to just make up the purchase price and that's assuming you got it for $2k! Start talking about putting a new set of tires on that car, and it's at least another year before you've broken even. Add in the extra cost of insurance, registration, and all the little fixes you'll end up doing (tune-ups, brakes, and such) and you're talking 6 years at 12k miles/year just to *break even* on a $2k, 33mpg car.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
No offence... but that jag front end... :puke
Haha I think its a pretty sexy car but IMO the caddy is a MUCH sexier car. hopefully the jag will be gone soon and something much better well take its place. I'm thinking maybe a c6 zo6 or c6 grandsport.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Lets Just Touch Tips.
2,613 Posts
$500 92 camry yo!! Havent washed it since i got it 6 months or so ago. 400 miles to a tank and it has a cd player with aux input..

What now!!!!

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Lol please tell me you didnt buy another gray mustang to just go along with your screenname? Sexy car though, slap some black rims, window louvers and tint and she'll be ready to go:yes
Not why I got it lol. I just think these cars just look really good in gray. I'm going to plastidip the stock wheels until I can afford some new ones. She's already got tint though.

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
Not why I got it lol. I just think these cars just look really good in gray. I'm going to plastidip the stock wheels until I can afford some new ones. She's already got tint though.
Ive been juggling the idea of plasti dipping my 18" Cobra rims and getting a black out panel but im just too lazy and cant imagine what it might look like after all is said and done...

·
7,889 Posts
61 - 80 of 111 Posts