Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to find out what mods where used to get top HP out of a N/A 3.8. Wondering what members used. Would like to get realworld combo info. I understand what is offered through Morana and SSMS. Trying to see what actually works. Thanks for all input.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
boost the car, n/a is expensive for at the most 260rwhp.

*yes that isn't the response you were looking for but not many people here have n/a dyno results.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
if ur going na you will want some nitrous or f/i to add some power. I understand where you are coming from though, cuz i cant afford to buy a supercharger and cant afford to always run premium so im plannin on just getting ported lower, and heads, with a cam and windstar.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
if ur going na you will want some nitrous or f/i to add some power. I understand where you are coming from though, cuz i cant afford to buy a supercharger and cant afford to always run premium so im plannin on just getting ported lower, and heads, with a cam and windstar.
If he is going NA, won't he not want and power adder:confused:

:popcorn I want to see some NA numbers

·
Banned
12,740 Posts

H/C/I - you'll want to run premium.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, so I am getting some of what I wanted to get for info. I do expect alot of go F/I, Nitrous. But everything I understand (which is not alot compared to everybody's knowledge combined) is that a well built N/A engine will help to produce more power under F/I or Nitrous set ups. That is why I wanted to get the input on the N/A side of a buildup. Keep the posts coming. I know not everybody will have a dyno sheet, so butt dyno info will work also.

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
OK, so I am getting some of what I wanted to get for info. I do expect alot of go F/I, Nitrous. But everything I understand (which is not alot compared to everybody's knowledge combined) is that a well built N/A engine will help to produce more power under F/I or Nitrous set ups. That is why I wanted to get the input on the N/A side of a buildup. Keep the posts coming. I know not everybody will have a dyno sheet, so butt dyno info will work also.
Do intakes and cam. Those will be the weak points when a blower is added. The heads work well for stock and the exhaust manifolds work as well as shorties. You can always do the rest later. I would rather cruise with 300+rwhp now and do heads and things later than wait on the blower. that's me personally though.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
But you kinda need to know where your going, you can build a mid compression 3.8 and make 260rwhp n/a or you can build a 8:5:1cr 6 and boost it to 600rwhp on pump gas.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
dang that is a cheap kit for nitrous. idk i like the zex tho.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.