Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have the money to replace with headers at the moment, am I causing damage by doing this? Do i have to replace asap?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
It's not something you really need to get fixed immediately (unless the fumes are coming into the vehicle). The biggest problem you'll have is a lack of power. The previous owner of my mustang drove with the exhaust manifold cracked for close to a year before I got it. If you can smell the exhaust inside the vehicle then you either need to drive with your windows down or round up some money asap. It's terrible on your health to be inhaling the exhaust fumes and it can lead to death. If you can afford to replace the cracked header, take it to a muffler shop and see what it would cost to have it welded up. Not a permanent fix but with will suffice until you can afford the new headers. That's what I did with mine because I plan on getting long tube headers, possibly in the spring.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the exhuast shop welded up my pipes but didnt check my manifold. when i turn my vents on, i can smell it...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Having the manifolds welded will probably fix the problem. I think they usually have to be removed from the car first, at least that's what the exhaust shop told me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts