Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, i'm preparing for my spring installation of all my parts, fidanza aluminum flywheel, centerforce clutch, BBK 75mm throttle body, steeda tri-ax and quadrant, and headers. I have a set of BBK unequals and I want to know the best kind of header bolts and the best gaskets to put on. I need to order soon so i can get my project started in early april so let me know soon guys.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Doesn't matter what brand name header bolts, just get the long ones and lock washers. I think ARP sells a kit that comes with both. And a set of Felpro header gaskets unless you have aftermarket heads.

My 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what material gaskets? and i do have stock heads

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i like the copper header gaskets, if they loosen up and you get an exhaust leak you can retighten them up and you're good to go, plus they don't blow out

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone else???? I'd like some more input.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
get Stage 8 header bolts unless you want to have to retighten the header bolts after you install them...

·
Registered
386 Posts
My vote would be for a graffite gasket and locking header bolts. I don't think you need to go to the extreme of stage 8's. You're going to have to re-torque them after a few heat cycles anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts