Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have leaky headers, there the four piece on the passenger side and 2 piece on the drivers side kind. Ive tried the best header gaskets my local speed shop offers and still leaking at one of the the exhaust ports.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
auto or 5 speed

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
The best header gaskets wont help with anything if your flanges are thin and weak. Look into a name brand set of long tubes.

To name a few;

Hooker, Headman, Bassani, BBK, Mac, Kooks, SpinTec, JBA

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
probly Mac for the auto

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my concern is the headers on it now seen to be custom, like a puzzle putting them on. one wraps around the steering colum. are there other headers that will fit without the puzzle part?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Mac is the only one that carries headers for AOD now longtubes are the way to go... 1 3/4 primaries to 2.5 collector with Mac or flowmaster catback and prochamber midpipe there's a deal on ebay if you want it $588 for both headers and prochamber

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Just throwing this out there but if you are you are considering going with shorties, BBK 15120 equal length fit nice, stay decent looking for a long time, and allow easy access to the spark plugs.

·
Registered
401 Posts
yea but its worth it to just put some longtubes on now

·
Registered
401 Posts
ceramic coated would be the best and MAC or no?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
With the 347, i would look for a 3" collector, not a 2.5. Ceramic is the way to go for durability and longevity, but it will come at a higher price.

·
Registered
401 Posts
the collector size will depend on the size of the catback beforehand

·
Registered
401 Posts
so you can bolt on a 3 inch collector to a 2.5 inch catback?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im shooting for 3" collector and it will be cat-less, I know a guy :)

are JBA headers any good?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
so you can bolt on a 3 inch collector to a 2.5 inch catback?
Well first of all, your collector flanges dont bolt up to your cat back. Your collectors bolt to your mid-pipe, and then your mid-pipe connects to your catback. You can run whatever size catback you please.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts