Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of plugs would you recommend for 89 coupe with just bolt ons. And also what are the going rates for building a 347 stroker. Anyone no any shops that are trust worthy in the San Antonio area

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Autolite 25 (they have a tapered seat)for stock E7 heads, Autolite 3924 (gasketed seat) for most aluminum heads.

Before having a local shop build you a 347, check out FordStrokers.com or Coast High Performance. They both have a good reputation!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
i was using the overly pricy e3 plugs that sells for about 6 bucks per piece. then Kevin, aka horsepowerjunkie recommended autolites. i feel no difference between the 2. spend your money wisely and get some autolites for under 2 bucks per plug.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Autolite 25 (they have a tapered seat)for stock E7 heads, Autolite 3924 (gasketed seat) for most aluminum heads.

Before having a local shop build you a 347, check out FordStrokers.com or Coast High Performance. They both have a good reputation!
x2

Autolite 3924 for aluminum heads on motor. 3922s for nitrous use.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
what kind of plugs would you recommend for 89 coupe with just bolt ons. And also what are the going rates for building a 347 stroker. Anyone no any shops that are trust worthy in the San Antonio area
There's a lot more to building a 347 then just doing the bottom end.

You're gonna need bigger heads/cam/intake/exhaust... As well as good valvetrain, possibly a tranny, rear end etc.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a lot more to building a 347 then just doing the bottom end.

You're gonna need bigger heads/cam/intake/exhaust... As well as good valvetrain, possibly a tranny, rear end etc.

Sent from my galaxy s II
the heads im running will be the trickflow twisted wedge i think they are 202's cam i have not decided, intake i have the trickflow track heat, exhaust will be the jba shorty headers with h-pipe, rear end upgrading to moser axles with some 410's gears asking is that pretty good combo

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
Not a bad combo I say go with a custom cam, Ed @ fti seems to be the popular choice. Your intake and shorty headers are leaving power on the table tho(unless you are boosting)

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
the heads im running will be the trickflow twisted wedge i think they are 202's cam i have not decided, intake i have the trickflow track heat, exhaust will be the jba shorty headers with h-pipe, rear end upgrading to moser axles with some 410's gears asking is that pretty good combo
Thats your valve size. Your port cc is 170 more than likely, which is hard pressed supporting a stroker motor.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Let me fix that for you... While it is a good base for a stroker, some parts need to be changed.

Use Trick Flow As Cast 190cc heads

Trick flow r intake.

Custom camshaft.

Long tubes (1 5/8 primaries is fine as well as 2.5 inch exhaust)

Behind a T5 that should last, so I'd say that's a solid 350-400rwhp depending on how crazy you go with some parts (valvetrain, supporting mods etc)

Sent from my galaxy s II

1 - 12 of 12 Posts