Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of tires do you guys recommend? I have 17" wheels and I'm looking for some new 245-45-17 tires, as mine only have a couple thousand miles left on them (Goodyear Eagle F1s). All I really want are summer tires, because I don't drive the car in the winter(or at least snow/shitty weather). I thought the F1s were good, even though I got them with my wheels with about 10k left on them, they're just a little expensive. So far my favorites I've seen have been Hankooks, don't exactly remember the model. but they seemed to be rated pretty high. i only put like 3-5k on the car a year so tread wear isn't that much of an issue as long as they get at least 25k. Thanks for any input.

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
I like the BFG G-force sports that I have on my car. They seem to do well in wet weather but are defiantly more than decent in the dry weather.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i have raptors...and my friend has raptors on his m112 v6..but he's running a 275 on the back and a 245 on the front...

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I like the Sumitomo HTRZ tires I got with my 17s from AM. I have 275s in the front and 315s in the back. Great tread depth and they seem to handle very good. Huge upgrade from my Nexen N3000s on my 18s.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Mickey Thompson ET Streets are pretty good for wet weather...

in reality the BF Goodrich G-force has to be the best tire I've used as a street tire....never on the v6 but they're by far better then any sumitomo tire.
Kumos are good as well

·
Registered
632 Posts
I like the Sumitomo HTRZ tires I got with my 17s from AM. I have 275s in the front and 315s in the back. Great tread depth and they seem to handle very good. Huge upgrade from my Nexen N3000s on my 18s.
are there any 315s that are all season tires? i dont know of any and i have been looking for a while

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
the general tires are pretty good all season tires. those are the ones that i have on the front of my car in the winter. they work great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts