Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting my trual dual setup done soon, and i obviously just wanna make sure i get things done right the first time. I know that MAC is a frequently used brand for the 99-04, but are there any other brands that are better. Just trying to make sure i get the best ones for my pony.. thanks guys

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pacesetter makes a set, they're cheaper but need to be welded to mid pipe or catback cause they don't have the flange. I was looking for some a while back on eBay for $200

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mac or Pacesetter. Mac comes with flanges and pacesetter doesn't, but pacesetter are cheaper. if you are just going to a shop to get your set up done, i'd go with pacesetter so they can just weld it up right there, but if you plan on changing your setup later, get Mac since they have the flanges so you can just unbolt them later.

·
Registered
147 Posts
beat me to it...im a slooooow typer

·
Registered
80 Posts
pacesetters, cheaper, fit just fine and even if you do want to go back later and change you mid pipe for whatever reason that may be you can use something called a sawzall lol
it doesn't hurt to cut a pipe, not to mention if you have flange connectors and hit something with it they will lossen up and you have a very annoying exhaust leak, i got tired of that from my midpipe so i had shop cut them out and weld up entire exhaust, i like my pacesetters pretty well

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
My pacesetters didn't "fit" with my auto trans... But a sawzaw made them fit without damaging anything..

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Get mac longtubes you can only buy chrome since ceramic is discontinued. Get long 02 things. The install is fairly easy , we disconected the steering wheel but thats it. They sound nice. Mines and 02 auto :) Experience wins

·
Registered
730 Posts
if you go with paceetter get them on ebay. no shipping charge

save ya like 12 bucks :D

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
you will feel more power.
exhuast is illegal after
pace will work
summit has them
got mine from summit
they are not painted w/ high temp paint btw
good idea to have them properly painted and cured before they go on
you can have an exhuast shop weld on flanges if you want (I am)
egr and non egr your choice
pace are cheaper, for reason, mac has flanges and properly coated (to my knowledge), pacesetter needs new paint or just go w/o it, and either solid weld or buy flanges
LT's have a much deeper tone. Will sound better, and add power.

·
Registered
147 Posts
so are LT illegal just because they delete the cats? If you just slide the cats down and get o2 extensions will ya be ok?

·
Registered
147 Posts
even if you slide them down and keep them all? I was thinking about getting the Pacesetters LT, cutouts following that, and just sliding the cats down after the cut outs using o2 extensions. cutouts just for the hell of it. haha

·
Registered
487 Posts
even if you slide them down and keep them all? I was thinking about getting the Pacesetters LT, cutouts following that, and just sliding the cats down after the cut outs using o2 extensions. cutouts just for the hell of it. haha
you cant really slide the primaries down because there are bent/angled, shaped like a banana pretty much. you can slide the secondaries down if they need to be because they are straight.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i can straighten 'em out. think thats what ill do since i have emissions testing in TN

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
I'm pretty sure if you have some sort of cats and no CEL you should be able to pass emissions.
I guess it really depends on how strict your area is.
And Matt did you need to use an engine lift or anything to get yours in? My dad said something about needing to get the passenger side up alittle cuz the starter is in the way, which I could see. It's pretty tight down there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts