Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some Magnaflow straight through design mufflers, not real sure what they are called but they look like the resonators and i was wondering what i can do 2 make it sound meaner and louder, what cat backs can i get 2 add some more flow and sound meaner and louder? for a Good price, if anyone could give me a list from pricing please?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
love the sig by the way, second of all, i dont like magnaflow, and you probally have magnapacks, want mean, go SLP, i prefer flowmaser 40s with a x pipe or prochamber, bassani street comp or true street whatever there called with a prochamber, H, or x, go longtube headers

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
You can't out flow your magnaflows, so your not gonna get anymore flow. As for meaner, if you already have a magnapack setup then slp loudmouths are gonna be a tiny bit meaner maybe. The only way to realy get nasty is to put dumps on your magnaflows, that will make it realy mean.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
sounds like you have the magnapacks, which sound damn good, and are pretty loud. if you want louder, get a O/R X.

and screw SLP's, they sound like ass, sound like a big rig.

if you want louder then get borla stingers, but a O/R X will make it even louder than stingers, magnapacks sound awesome.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
sounds like you have the magnapacks, which sound damn good, and are pretty loud. if you want louder, get a O/R X.

and screw SLP's, they sound like ass, sound like a big rig.

if you want louder then get borla stingers, but a O/R X will make it even louder than stingers, magnapacks sound awesome.

i dont really like the sound of SLPs myself either but they do make a mean sound, but IMO and all the cars ive heard with magnapacks...ive not liked compared to different setups

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i dont really like the sound of SLPs myself either but they do make a mean sound, but IMO and all the cars ive heard with magnapacks...ive not liked compared to different setups
alot of people dont like alot of things, there probably many people that dont like how flows sound, im one of them, i thinkt hey sound like ****, im a strait muffler person, borla, and maggie FTW IMO.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I took my flows off n run straight pipes.I think it sounds mean, not as mean as that clip w/ the mac lt's n o/r h pipe. Is that bad not to have mufflers cuz of backpressure or lack of? The rest of my exhaust is stock though.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
pypes x pipes from brenspeed.com .... 175 plus shipping ...includes o2 extensions...i originally only had the magnapacks...its like night n day now with the pypes x pipe...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts