Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have gears and tlok and everything for that which i will be installing as soon as winter is over :yes I have a 5spd with udp,cai,dual exhaust, and xcal3. With all of that I am planning on getting a windstar intake and maybe port the lower intake just a gasket match, or get headers? I am leaning towards the windstar but what is your guys input. And with the windstar if i put roller rockers 1.73 will i gain any power by freeing up my cam, cuz some ppl say i will and some say i wont? so jc. thanks any more input would be great too on any other great mods besides f/i and under 600 bucks

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
windstar and a ported lower is a good idea
1.8 rockers is also a good move
probably gain most with the ported lower and a windstar

or really, you have the cash for a regrind camshaft, push rods and springs

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much would the regrind cam and push rods, springs cost? just a rough estimate? maybe i will work extra this summer and try to save for both.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
well the cam will need a tune, i forgot about that. but i wouldnt actually get that if your not close to or have the setup you want. sorry for recommending it. you can still get a cam that'll net you power and some good sound.
the regrind i know or think Kyle sells on here...
the push rods he sells as well. the springs he can sell you or you can get from comp

with the windstar, ported lower, bolt ons and the cam it'd be a pretty decent setup. if you have a manual tranny i'd estimate 210+whp easy.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright sweet! that would be pretty quick. for now at least, until i can save for bigger mods

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya me to. i have looked at ur site. I was actually hoping to save my money and one day get ur ported heads and lower intake. they seem like a good deal. what kind of power would you make with ur heads, ported lower, windstar, full bolt ons, and a decent cam on a 5spd? just a rough estimate?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Is the roller rocker upgrade only for the OHV's?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pushrods is a;; ik

1 - 9 of 9 Posts