Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just completed the pi swap and was wondering what i could do next for some more performance. I was thinking of pullies and some shorty headers. Would these even be worth it at this point or should i save for a blower too.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
get L/Ts forget the shorties, a tuner,UD pullies, and some gearing will give you alot more go

·
Registered
306 Posts
can you tell a nice difference from the PI swap, i want to a swap myself, but im thinking it might be a better choice to go PI head, Pi intake, and something like comp cams not sure which exact cam to go with, however you can find some sweet deals on PI kits, how much did you pay to have the pi swap installed (unless you did it urself).

Personally I want to do a PI swap, 4.10's, LTs,midpype,short throw, and im hoping that will put up an impressive upgrade. if not im saleing the damn thing LOL =]

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
if your buying PI heads get them ported polish and valve work and such while your doing it and get a nice nasty cams for the extra get up and go

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you tell a nice difference from the PI swap, i want to a swap myself, but im thinking it might be a better choice to go PI head, Pi intake, and something like comp cams not sure which exact cam to go with, however you can find some sweet deals on PI kits, how much did you pay to have the pi swap installed (unless you did it urself).

Personally I want to do a PI swap, 4.10's, LTs,midpype,short throw, and im hoping that will put up an impressive upgrade. if not im saleing the damn thing LOL =]
I payed 1,600 for new romeo heads. 1,590 for install. And yes you can feel a difference. It feels like I have a stock NPI with a blower. And at wot it sounds different. And not to mention when Some guy with a 99-04 gt thinks hes racing a stock 98 and we run for money Ill get some extra cash for myself lol.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
I payed 1,600 for new romeo heads. 1,590 for install. And yes you can feel a difference. It feels like I have a stock NPI with a blower. And at wot it sounds different. And not to mention when Some guy with a 99-04 gt thinks hes racing a stock 98 and we run for money Ill get some extra cash for myself lol.
i would go that far dude......a blower would net u about 90rwhp compared to the 45 u possibly gained

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
So you payed around a little more than $3000 for a PI swap?
thats actually a lot of money for a head swap

specially considering they didn't know what they were doing

·
Registered
187 Posts
my builds costing me 3500$.i bought a used 01 block for 400$ P&P and valve job for 1000$ stage 2 cams, high load springs,+1mm valves and wires for 1000$ and installation and tuning for 1000$ with the block i also got a accufab throttle body and am having my plenum matched.

the thing is, he bought NEW heads for 1600$
patriot performance stage 2s go for 1400$ and all you need is a cam i belive?

either way that was alot of $$ for about 40 horse.

·
Registered
187 Posts
plus i still have a PI block to play with:D

·
Registered
962 Posts
u got buttfvcked by that shop....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont really care. They did a pretty good job, and im satisfied so thats all that matters. Anyway about the blower comment I was way overempahsizing. I dont have the right to make an objective statement about blowers because i have never had one. I was more of comparing how different npi and pi is. Like night and day, lol. Ill probably switch out my catted x for an off-road, and get some headers next.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts