Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 302 to replace in my Bronco and im having trouble identifying it. I looked above the starter and it said 3s ette and a m and a S again. it has a grey oil pan and the spark plug holes are smaller than the motor that was in it. things that were different was the coolant tube on intake manifold and has a spout where the oil goes in so its a different valve cover. which are also grey. Im trying to figure out what this motor is i know its a 302 but is not a H.O. another problem i am having is bypassing the smog pump. I cant figure out what belt to use. I was told a 84.5 which was to small and i got a 88.3 which was to big. I am trying to figure what the hell to do. I may be reading the number upside down cause i did not take off the starter to read them but even then dont make since. Im thing its a econoline motor with E7 heads. I was told it was out of a 92 bronco which its irrelevant it wasn't. Please Help!!!! im got to get this thing running tomorrow.:sorry

·
Registered
545 Posts
The code tells all man... I believe its E5TE. E5 would be a 85 block. 3rd character is a T which would be a Truck engine. 4th is a E which is the engine code for engine.

I think its a 85 roller 5.0 from a ford truck.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cool it is a fuel injected motor did they have FI motors then and if so im ****ed cause they said came out of a 92 bronco and had 98k miles on it. lol

·
Registered
545 Posts
Is it a short block or long block? Does it have a intake on it? the intake setup decides if it is fuel injected or not. The motor can be used for a carbed or fuel injected car just swap your intake and carb to it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
so the number near the starter is the engine code? good to kno as im wondering what motor i have-

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes thats the code and it is a long block it came with everything except the tranny. wiring harness and all my bronco is a 93 so idk what the deal is.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
85 was first year for FI in a 5.0 Bronco and it has the non HO firing order.
was it toilet bowl injection or multi point injection ?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im not sure i do know it has e7 heads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts