Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got an o/r x pipe now for next to nothing literally and had it installed for free, this will be down the road after I get my car fixed but what mufflers do you think would give the attributes.

1. Growl
2. Loud
3. No rasp
I don't want SLP's I had them on my o/r h and it sounded like **** to me.

So here's what my ideas are so far
1. Magnapacks
2. Flowmaster 10 series
That's all I got.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
bassani o/r X pipe and bassani catback no baffles in...

I added the midlength headers and it really mellowed the sound out.

bassani mid lengths, o/r x pipe, bassani catback no baffles in... comp cam 262's

my g/f is the best :)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
bassani or borla, you wont be dissapointed.......................however x pipes are more raspy whereas h-pipes are more throaty so you may still be a little raspy with ur x pipe but for the most part throaty with these catbacks.

i still get complements on my borla, cause everyone in my area still think its cool to use flowmasters on everything, garbage exhausts on newer cars IMO they really need to step up their game or just stop lmao

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
My suggestion is the following, get a high flow carted x pipe I have bbk. Gut the cats so its now hollow ( I did this) then put magnapacks on, which is also what I have, there isn't much drone, and little to no rasp, the gutted x to me seems like almost having a second muffler to make it deeper.

Several people on here have heard my car at the Americanmuscle.com car show, as well as some of there staff, and agree my car has a nice deep rumble. I also have a few local mustang guysand they again told me how good it sounds. I've gone to the grocery store here and I've actually had people come up to me and say theve heard the car running around and it sounds good

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
bassani or borla hands down. my buddy had the stingers with an mrt catted H pipe and it sounded like an iron fist of authority

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
pypes m80's this is jaehow23's mustang he's a member on here

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Im running 10series flows on my catted x. If I was running an o/r x I personally would take off my flows and go with a str8 through style muffler bc of the rasp/rattle I had when I did have the o/r x and flows set up for a small amount of time. The cats cleaned that sound up. Look into the Pypes m80s!!!!! But in the end its all opinion based and up to your ear.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How expensive are borla or bassanis for just the muffler aernt they out rageous just for the muffler ?

Edit: bassani is probably way out of the question I'm not paying $168 for one muffler I can get a pair of new magnapacks off eBay for 115 with free shipping

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya I just edited my previous post bassani race mufflers are 168 a piece and magnapacks are 115 with free shipping for a pair

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya I do like the idea of borla stinger mufflers but can't find just the mufflers

I still can't find a better deal than magnaflows lol

1 - 20 of 52 Posts