Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what mufflers do you guys like? i am thinking about trading in my 98 gt for a newer one in the 05-07 range(for pricing) and i got my ears on either the fr500, slp loudmouth, or the mac mufflers. any opinions?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
EVERYONE on here really likes there Ford Racing stingers but to be honest i love my flowmaster 40's and wouldnt trade ummm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
NONE go either with the stingers i.e. Steeda, FRPP, or borla there all exactly the same give th reall aggressive sound or JBA's for the TRUE OLD SCHOOL MUSCLE sound

·
Registered
293 Posts
what kind of sound are you wanting?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i like the sound of the SLPs and the Mac mufflers. just not sure which one i want yet

·
Registered
818 Posts
steeda/borla/frpp stingers...for deep, aggressive, but not crazy loud

·
Registered
488 Posts
I had the SLP's with the rest of the exhaust stock. When I switched to LT's and O/R H Pipe I switched over to the Mac's. Setup sounds AMAZING!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah ive been wanting to keep the stock h-pipe since i live in a county that requires emissions, plus very little extra cash laying around. but yeah i like the sound of the macs as well as the slps personally. a friend of mine i work with has an 08 racecraft with the fr500 axlebacks on it and it sounds wicked. its the same axlebacks that come on the gt500kr. i also like the mbrp axlebacks as well as the m80 delete mufflers but cant seem to find the deletes anywhere.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I listened to a lot of sound files from YouTube, etc. and ended up with the Mac Boom Tubes. Awesome sound for a stock exhaust. I added Thumpr's, Kooks LT's and catted-H and they were too loud. Belonged on a race track after those mods. Sounded beautiful but not good for a proper neighbor. I then switched to Magnaflow's Street, not Magnapack. It now has the low, deep, throaty sound I was looking for and when the cams come in the sound becomes more brilliant.

So what I am getting at is listen to as many sound files as you can. The only thing that sucks about sound files is that the owners seem to be afraid of getting on their motors. Mostly idles and a little off-idle. I absolutely hate that! An exhaust is going to sound different idling, off-idle, free wheel stomp, or under acceleration. Under acceleration is what you are looking for.

So outside of my suggestion of listening to available sound files is the Boom Tubes if you are not going long tubes. I love the Magnaflow Streets I have now with the Kooks LT's. It may be a bit pricey finding that sound you like with your mods.

Good luck with your decisions.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I haven't heard Mac with the stock H pipe so I cant really tell you on that one. I does sound BAD*** with the O/R. I can tell you the SLP's sounded pretty good with the stock H. Haven't heard any of the others you listed so can't help with that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i think i have narrowed it down to 3. either the Macs, SLPs, or the MBRPs. i have heard a few sound files of all them on youtube and they seem to be what i am looking for.

cobra-i will have to get my buddy to post a sound clip of his car with the fr500 axlebacks and bbk equal length headers. it sounds awesome!

·
Registered
482 Posts
i have the sss terminator mufflers i like them alot they are pretty loud. but they dont fit quite right on the hangers.... still something i have to fix

·
Registered
642 Posts
You won't be disappointed right away with the SLP loudmouths... But after a while, I found myself wanting something different. I'm going to combo them with Kooks headers and see if that helps.

Honestly, they're only really loud during start-up or WOT.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I love my corsa mufflers but they are sick loud which you may not like, but im also running headers with and o/r H so alot of the noise comes from that. Loudest n/a mustang in Houston!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have the Roush stingers and I love them but they are just like Borlas. If I would have known better I would have gotten Borlas the are cheaper.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Dynomax Bullitts sound awesome I had them on my 06 I would recomend them. Loud mouths have a good sound untill you remove the cats then it is just to loud. Mac mufflers sound really good wit a prochamber.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts