Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I use to post on here a lot, but don't have much time to post anymore. I had an 03 Terminator engine that was gunna go in, but i bought my wifey a 2011 stang...Anyways, long story short, I still have my 2v Mustang GT and I was wondering what the next best mod I should do. I have TB, plenum, UDPs, 150 shot zex kit, alum drive shaft, bassani x pipe, flowmaster 40s, roush control arms, nitto DRs,chip, tune and short throw shifter. What should I do next? I have about 600 dollars to blow, just cant decide what to do next. what next??

Hitech Cams+tune(well over 600 dollars)
K-Member
intake manifold
headers
shocks and Struts

This is what I am interested in, is this okay or maybe something else for a decent price?

Thanks

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Eh, I'll suggest shocks and struts but you're already considering a new Stang. I'd put off sinking any money into the car you plan to ditch.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh, I'll suggest shocks and struts but you're already considering a new Stang. I'd put off sinking any money into the car you plan to ditch.
I dont plan to ditch it to be honest. this is going to be my race car and a new GT or 09 Shelby will be my DD

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I say everything but the cams, and intake manifold.
Why is that? I think I am leaning towards cams. That not a good idea to just do cams without heads?

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
Cams will make the most noticeable difference.

However if you plan on spraying a lot some FLSFC's and a metal intake would be a good idea.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cams will make the most noticeable difference.

However if you plan on spraying a lot some FLSFC's and a metal intake would be a good idea.
Yeah, I have been spraying for over 2 years and I am not too worried about the manifold messing up and I already have subframes on the car. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I also have my tq boxes done.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
What kind of race car are you planning on? Weight reduction is pretty much free. I wouldn't do cams without longtubes. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
headers don't net much whp, k-members way over your budget with install, shocks & struts will help a lot with launching if you get the right setup, i'd say cams bc most intake manifolds aren't worth it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What kind of race car are you planning on? Weight reduction is pretty much free. I wouldn't do cams without longtubes. Just my .02
Well it will be another year or so before I get a new car, but I don't wanna do too much weight reduction to where it isnt safe on the streets anymore. I might do a seat delete because nobody is ever in the back seats of my car and its just added weight.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
headers don't net much whp, k-members way over your budget with install, shocks & struts will help a lot with launching if you get the right setup, i'd say cams bc most intake manifolds aren't worth it.
I'd be doing all the installs myself.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much did it cost for ur procharger setup

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
I'd still say suspension then. Although it was already asked, I didn't see an answer, what kind of racing are you doing? Road courses, autoX, drag, circle... Although, suspension would help for all of them. I'd do (and plan on doing) cams last. Build everything else and get cams to support the rest of the mods once that's all been squared away, you'll see the most gains if all your components play together well. For instance, if you got a set of off the shelf comp cams, you'd see more power, but if you got a KB blower down the road, they won't be worth half of what a custom MHS grind would be to the setup.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts