Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im 16 and i have a 92 lx so far i have 373s cold air underdrive pulleys and super 40 muffs money comes slow so what would be the most bang for the buck on my car just something to get more power.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Explobra intake and GT-40P heads. Or nitrous.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
you could go to the JY and pick up a set of GT40 heads and an intake from a 5.0 explorer for cheap.or if you want to invest in nitrous since its the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
569 Posts
junkyard

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will the 97-2000 explorer heads and intake work

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what kind of power will it give me over stock

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
enough for you to feel the difference

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
there are guys that go high 12's with the gt40 stuff in the top end and just a ford racing cam

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well thats prolly what i will do
how hard is it to replace the heads and intake

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
its not something you just do with no help from someone with experience if you dont have experience

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
its not bad at all if you know someone that can help you with it, you can do it in a weekend and larn alot, get a chilton book, it will help you also

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The 97-2000 heads and intake are not direct swap parts. The 97+ intake is an non-egr intake and will not pass emissions on a mustang as you will have to remove the EGR stuff. Also the ACT sensor boss is not present on the 97 and later intake, so you will have to drill and tap the runner. The heads require different spark plugs and possibly different headers and plug wires.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts