Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I finally got a little money to spend and I don't now where to go..either I going to get the new Trick Flow intake or go with a set cams. Both are about the same money. So has any body installed the new intake on their ride do you like it or was it the bigest waste yet? What cams do you suggest for a mostly street driven car?

98 GT
PI heads and Intake
Headers
5 Speed
3.73 geat
Trick flow Elbow
75 mm throttle body

·
Registered
806 Posts
you wont gain much from a new intake manifold

i would build up rear end, do cams, or juice it

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
stock pi intakes flow very well and dont gain much with an aftermarket. cams will be a lot better investment. we did a typhoon on a 99 gt and it was a BIG waste. lost power till 4k then it came alive, but then again it was the typhoon too.

·
Registered
468 Posts
waste for an intake mani unless boosted...if ur gonna do cams dont forget about the labor costs involved $$$

·
Registered
468 Posts
save up for FI or Juice!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks.. I did the heads myself so the cams can't be that big of a stretch..any suggestions on the brand..I really don't want to change the valve springs. If pushed I will replace them. The PI heads are still new maybe less than 20,000 miles

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
a stage one cam wont require springs, most stage 2's will. if it were me i would go ahead and do a stage 2 along with springs.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i'm lookin into cams myself...got an '02 GT. haven't really done any research on it tho cause i figured it wouldn't be till later this year when that was a possibility.

can you give me more info on what you got, what they'll do, and how much? just PM me if you want...

·
Registered
753 Posts
500.00 dollars , was going to put them in wife gt .but were having issues with motors..somebody re-build the heads .they must of milled them or line bore the cam journals .theres no enough ptvc...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts