Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just bought a 2000 mustang gt and im wanting to supercharge it. the kits are too much money so i was just wanting to peice one together for cheaper from craigslist and ebay parts and such. I just need to know every single part i need to put on a supercharger. ive tried google and everything and no one can tell me all the parts i need or anything. If you could help me out i would appreciate it i wanna peice one together for about 1500 dollars thanks steve

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
First you need to figure out if you want to go intercooled or not, and vent to atmosphere or recirculate that way you can figure out what maf, bov/bypass, flanges, etc.

For the most part though/the major things you need are.

supercharger/headunit
mounting kit (includes bracket,bolts,pulleys,etc)
oil feed & return lines
intake
outlet tube, or an intercooler/piping
fuel pump
injectors
maf
bypass/bov
if going with a vortech (other than the v3) youll need a punch and tap to punch and tap the oil pan along with a tube of black rtv

Keep an eye out on ebay, corral, and allfordmustangs.com for good deals. Also the best place to get the mounting kit and oil feed/return lines is superchargersonline.com. Doing it for $1500 shouldnt be an issue if you have the patience to piece it together a little at a time/wait on good deals to come around.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
it'll cost a good deal of money either way. in fact, i'd think if you pieced it together it might be more expensive. by the time you factor in driving to the parts store to get things it didn't come with, you'll spend a fortune (been there, done that). My procharger wasn't complete.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Thats a good guide. Its what got me interested in throwing together my kit. If you do decide to follow it though do a bit of research first. The discharge from superchargersonline is $200. You can spend $175-$200 for an intercooler and pipe, the intake assembly is $215, if you can get a power pipe for the same price. Just a few things to look at; no use in spending $x on something when you can spend the same price on another part that performs way better.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
+ reps for that pure sex guide. i love you

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
ajm has

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Anyone done this.. seems too good to be true, I'm going to do some research but man.. I'm all over this..
Not too good to be true. I put $1800 into mine including wideband, boost gauge, intercooled + venting to atmosphere, oil, fuel filter, $100 in flanges I didnt need and other misc bs. W/o all that stuff considering it wasnt necessary I could have welded up a discharge pipe vs 200 for intercooler, not vent to atmosphere (save some money on bov), not gone with $100 in flanges (maf & bov), and most people dont include oil,filter,fuel filter, tap, punch, rtv etc in what their supercharger cost. It would have come out to WELL below $1500

Just added it up headunit, mounting kit, bov, injectors, fuel pump, maf, intercooler + piping, and oil feed/return lines came out to $1249. Subtract 200 for non intercooled it would have been $1049 plus very little to build or find a used discharge pipe.

Overall it was fairly simple to do. Just stay on the look out for parts and when you find something pick it up asap before someone else can get it along with finding stuff on ebay that ends soon w/o any bids and offering them a fairly low price.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Not too good to be true. I put $1800 into mine including wideband, boost gauge, intercooled + venting to atmosphere, oil, fuel filter, $100 in flanges I didnt need and other misc bs. W/o all that stuff considering it wasnt necessary I could have welded up a discharge pipe vs 200 for intercooler, not vent to atmosphere (save some money on bov), not gone with $100 in flanges (maf & bov), and most people dont include oil,filter,fuel filter, tap, punch, rtv etc in what their supercharger cost. It would have come out to WELL below $1500

Just added it up headunit, mounting kit, bov, injectors, fuel pump, maf, intercooler + piping, and oil feed/return lines came out to $1249. Subtract 200 for non intercooled it would have been $1049 plus very little to build or find a used discharge pipe.

Overall it was fairly simple to do. Just stay on the look out for parts and when you find something pick it up asap before someone else can get it along with finding stuff on ebay that ends soon w/o any bids and offering them a fairly low price.
Great, time to start getting pieces, tyring to sort out all the IAT, MAF, Injector stuff...

I don't need 400+ rwhp, I just wann be over 300...

BTW, anyone get this to work (or have build list) for a procharger or novi?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
if you only want about 300whp with a blower, go with this..........

should put you right where you want to be..:tomato

1 - 17 of 17 Posts