Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What ratio should I run in my rear end? I have a 66 mustang with a 302 pushing between 450 to 500 hp. I'm looking for something that will give me a decent 1/4 mile. Also I have a 4 speed top loader tranny

I also wanted to say thanks to everyone, the people that have asked questions in the past and the people that have answered them, you have all saved me TONS of times already.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
It really depends on how how much street vs. strip your going to do.
1. How much highway driving.
2. What rear tires your going to use.
3. What size of rear tires your going to use.
4. What cam, rollor none roller? Lift, duration?

Rear gears:
3:55 is a good all around gear, drive highway good and help on the 1/4 mile.
3:70 is better for a 1/4 mile hurts highway a little.
4:11 is great for 1/4 if your motor really built can breath and is rollered, Tires 29" drag radials, can drive to track, very little highway. 7+ qtr oil pan.

One thing you might want to work on is your wiring. The way you have yours going it needs help. squeeze conectors are not a good way to go. I always sodder all my connections and heat shrink them. they will not come apart. wire warp make them look alot better and help protect them. and you should always connect to power under your dash. unless your are running a big amp. there is 3 way plug in your factory wiring to get switch 12V and Strieght 12V. no splicing needed. just plug in, same with dash lights.

Always remember if it is pretty is will last longer.

Welcome to MM Forums, Anything we can do to help you let us know.

Todd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts