Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and couldn't really find any answers for this so here we go..

What shocks and struts would be the best for a car lowered on the eibach prokit?

The car is a daily driver in the summer and quarter mile times aren't really that important to me because i probably will take it to the strip once or twice next year.

I would like it to handle really nice which i guess is my main goal.

I've heard that the Tokicos are pretty good but compared to the other ones they suck. Which ones would handle the best and hurt my launches the least? I was looking at the strange adjustable but i am not sure if they are good for handling. If i am not mistaken they are better for drag?

·
Registered
647 Posts
i personally feel that my stock shocks were great for a good ride and handling. i picked up koni adjustables because a guy had them really cheap but i think im gonna swap my stock ones in and see what it does. i honestly loved the handling on the cut front springs and pro kits on stock shocks and struts.. like a damn racecar.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Koni STR.T would be perfect for you. Anything past 1.5" is going to need a quality dampener that can handle the reduced travel of the suspension, and increased spring rate.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
What's your budget? Bilsteins if you can afford them, Koni STR.Ts or Tokico Blues if you can't.

Also, doesn't Eibach sell a damper package specifically for use with their springs? If so, that would be my recommendation.

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
I have tokico blues and after being dropped it feels smoother than my stock shocks/struts. :dunno

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Koni STR.T would be perfect for you. Anything past 1.5" is going to need a quality dampener that can handle the reduced travel of the suspension, and increased spring rate.
This is what i am thinking. The thing is stinkin low and i've heard the tokicos arent that great for over 1.5 drops.

I was hoping to not spend over 600 bucks lol, I figured its already to low to even bother going for something that will improve 1/4 mile times. Im just looking for handling/ride quality on the street.

·
( o )( o )
276 Posts
Tokico Blues all around. Great bang for the buck and handles everything well.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have the Tokico Blues and love them. Great ride and really great price.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everyone seems to like tokico blues lol. Are they actually that good? Noone seems to buy any other brands like KYB or Konis

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
I have H&R's sitting in my basement waiting to go on. Not going with anything other than Bilstein's and they lower a tad more than Eibachs. If I was getting eibach's I wouldn't hesitate to buy Koni's. If I was going with Steeda's I'd probably go with Koni's as well. I don't have anything against blues, but if you're serious about your ride I would get Koni STR.T's, Bilsteins, or Koni sports.

Not so much the case with bilsteins, if you're lowered you might as well go with Fox struts for the front and regular 94-04 shocks in the rear. The fox body struts are shorter and work better on lowered cars.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I'm dropped on H&R SS springs with Koni STR.T struts and shocks. I'm running fox struts and SN95 shocks. Rides pretty smooth and handles great. It's definitely stiff, but that's just the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just paired my pro kit up with the pro dampers and its a world of difference. I haven't tried others though so I can't compare.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have H&R SS Springs with Bilstein Struts/Dampers. They feel great but I will be converting the Dampers to Coilovers with the MM kit.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Everyone seems to like tokico blues lol. Are they actually that good?
No, but they're not bad, and they're cheap. That makes them pretty popular. The Koni STR.T is also a relatively new choice on the market (I think those only came out within the last two years), so not nearly as many people have had them or know people that do.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, but they're not bad, and they're cheap. That makes them pretty popular. The Koni STR.T is also a relatively new choice on the market (I think those only came out within the last two years), so not nearly as many people have had them or know people that do.
They label the blues as "stock replacements" which kind of turns me off. The STR.T's seem to be the better performers from what i am reading. Will changing the struts alter my ride height?
I can't seem to find them for SN-95's the only seem to be listed for S197s

1 - 20 of 28 Posts