Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to get a short throw shifter for my stang and I wanted to see does anyone have any experence with Steeda, Barton, or Hurst on their new Mustang?

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I've sat in my buddy's car with the Barton and it is really short, which is pretty nice. No idea on the Hurst, but it looks flimsy. I'm waiting on MGW to come out with theirs.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i see that Barton has 40% throw reduction and Steeda has 20% throw reduction.

Witch one is concidered better for fast shifting?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Let me guess how this thread goes......90% of people will say MGW. Just use a search and you'll find more than enough threads on which shifter to buy. They all go the same, so if you've seen 1 thread, you've seen them all.

·
Registered
599 Posts
just pick one and buy it id say steeda mgw and barton are all fine but the hurst is semi different looking

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,595 Posts
You'd just have to feel each to decide which one is best. I had a Steeda in my 04 and loved it. My friend had an MGW in his Mach and though it felt badass, it was real tight. Like hard to manuver tight. I liked the Steeda cause it was tight but not so tight that I had to find a gear. It just went into the gear I wanted.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
The MGW is the best shifter out there for the S197. I mean look at the design of the thing. George really put a lot of thought into designing the shifter into a piece of art. It even fights torque deflection which no other shifter on the market can say that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts