Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I noticed that my brand new water pump is leaking that the previous owner had installed and so here I am tearing it all apart and I found out why this sucker is leaking.. Well he broke a bolt off in the block on the right side of the pump and now I gotta take off the timing chain cover and all. Is the oil gonna leak all out of the motor if I don't drain it first when i pull that cover off?? Since I will have all this apart, are there any suggestions on anything else that I should look at since I am this deep into the motor. Anyone have any good upgrade ideas? Does anyone have experience in easy outing bolts from blocks and if so, how hard of a job is it? I wish this previous owner would have known what he was doing when it came to this car cuz that sure would have saved me a lot of time and headache!!:no

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
make sure you buy quality gaskets, and spend the time cleaning all mating surfaces.

My idea's for upgrading would be the timing chain, and cam, as you are right there anyway! But I dont know what Is done to the car, so its hard to just recommend a cam.

No oil should come out. I have no experence with an easy out, but there are a few videos on youtube.

·
Registered
496 Posts
if you do a cam then get new lifters, and springs to match the cam and new push rods to the lenght your need

1 - 3 of 3 Posts