Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:
Guys..

Alright so.. i have a 2000 GT that i don't really know what to do with..

See, i get bummed when i read threads about how 2v heads suck and how they have absolutely no potential, especially against ls1's and ls2's..

I dont know if i should spend money on bolt-ons, or is it JUST the heads that are "bad" on our modular stangs?

Is there any 4v convertion? is it expensive? would i need to change something else aswell? like ECU? Would that really wake my car up?
Nitrous is not an option, i feel like id be cheating.

Or C, sell the car and get something else. :sorry which i dont want..

Can you guys help me out with prices, brands and stuff?

Any real suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

thanks guys!
:cool:

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
You could... put an ls2 in there :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
you could put a supercharger on there and be happy with your car again

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you could put a supercharger on there and be happy with your car again
I'd need to upgrade its bottom end too..

Is there any 4v heads conv? keeping stock bottom end?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
keep your car,do heads and cams and a few other bolt on then you will love ur car
Which heads? how much? is there anything else that id need to upgrade to change heads too?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
How has my car ran 11.55 with heads that suck? :sorry

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
skip the 4v swap, over-rated IMO. plenty of poeple go plenty fast every weekend with 2v's (see above for an example). chose your upgrades wisely & you'll be fine with the 2v.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Which heads? how much? is there anything else that id need to upgrade to change heads too?
trick flow has about the best heads out right now around 2k,then you have the patriot heads around 1200 to 1500 depends on the stage u want which aren't bad.cams u have comp,trick,ford racing ,etc 250+ for each

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
Sell it. It will never make you happy....

What would make you happy??? 14.0? 13.00?? 12's??

Srsly, whats your goal??

I road race mine, and I LOVE my 2V. Its stock and RELIABLE!! Its got 93k miles and I did about 8 events this year!! I drive it hard, and it has NEVER let me down... (knocks on wood).

But determine what your goal is, and then see how much money it will take to get there.

but if you just drop a blower on it, you dont need the do the bottom end. Your car will hold 375HP all day long, and a total BLAST to drive.

·
Registered
997 Posts
bro do your suspension and PUT YOUR POWER TO THE GROUND.

or...
get a supercharger.
or
both :D

you can have a supercharger with a stock bottom end.
call mr roush and ask him... he'll tell ya

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the little 2v can run the lsx motors, just got to get the right parts. i have ran several and have beat most of them (driver). top end is where they shine most, the races i loose are afte 90mph+, or about the 1000ft mark.

these 2v's do suck, and are limited on what can be done to an extent. 4v's do have more potential, but then again there is still their limits. these shitty modulars are inferior motors, but do well for what they are.

·
Registered
997 Posts
that hurts my soul sweet.... but he is right...

but still..
i love my slow piece.. :D

id love it even more with a built suspension and a 5.4 4v and a roush bodykit :D

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
blower is best option. I have some stage 2 livernois heads that id sell. 1799.99 brand new but ill make you a better deal. Have about 400 miles on them.

And for whoever above to say "best heads out are the trickflows for 2000" is incorrect. There hasnt been enough evidence to say thats true. The only evidence ive seen of these heads has been been nowhere near "impressive".

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
"best" or "nowhere near impressive" are both pretty extreme terms. I think the trickflow's are a very good alternative to whats out there right now, especially in the mechanics of them. what are any other heads worth with a damaged cam tower? nothing, there junk. the extra PTV clearabce is a plus also. are they the wheel? no. are they worth the money? IMO yes.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i just need to see some proof... has anyone heard of them doing something outrageous that makes them worth 2000 dollars?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
not really but when you look at the alternatives, there not really that bad IMO. you'll pay close to 2k for most quality ported heads & you still have the factory problems.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
bro do your suspension and PUT YOUR POWER TO THE GROUND.

or...
get a supercharger.
or
both :D

you can have a supercharger with a stock bottom end.
call mr roush and ask him... he'll tell ya

+1 you dont need to upgrade your bottom end with a blower

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Some stage 3's can flow some air. The idea on the TF's may be great and all but i just dont know much about all that. Im only going by what few setups there have been so far and i personally havent seen enough to make them seem like much more than a stage 2 maybe stage 3 head

1 - 20 of 71 Posts