Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think i should do next? I have 2 options.

1.) I have a set of headers for my car sittin in the shed, I can get those installed and a before and after dyno tune to see what i picked up by putting the headers on. I can get that the install and dyno tune for $625.

2.) Get cams and install them.

If you are thinking cams, which ones should i get?

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
#1...put the headers on yourself, a tune isnt 100% necessary for JUST headers
#2 get the cams (which ones is dependent on your futre plans/goals) then have it dyno tuned for the cams and headers

lots of guys will chime in with cam numbers for you :)

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Oh its def a pain in the ass...but it will make for some good bonding time with your ride lol pull the k-member out and have at it

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
your there so you might as well...cj pony parts has eibach pro kit springs that are labeled as cj parts (kinda like summit or jegs brand parts) for somewhere around $150...for CC plates go with maximum motorsports, top notch quality. where is bath PA? lol

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
what are you plans down the road?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
what are ur future plans before we start talking cams!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
dam you scott:(

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my future plans are to get a blower, i just need cash lol im not sure if i want to do heads, cams, intake and procharger or heads cams and KB. I also think it would be pretty cool to have a sic n/a motor. leaning more towards fi tho.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
well if you stay fi then get a blolwer cam or comp 270's in my opinion

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
hp 292 cams make good boost power and cheap!

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
if your gonna go FI then you need to decide what type of FI...centri and twin screw are two different ball games with cams...from what I have heard centri's like 112-114 LSA while twin screws lean towards 115 LSA dont quote me on that though...and just some food for thought, centri blowers can be pieced together used for $2-2500...easily lol

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
yea do the header install yourself, it may be a bitch but id say its worth it if it saves you hundreds of dollars. the tune is kinda pointless for just headers imo. install the headers and buy a set of cams then get it tuned is my vote

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
if your gonna go FI then you need to decide what type of FI...centri and twin screw are two different ball games with cams...from what I have heard centri's like 112-114 LSA while twin screws lean towards 115 LSA dont quote me on that though...and just some food for thought, centri blowers can be pieced together used for $2-2500...easily lol
correct

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
the part that sucks about those LSA numbers is that I probably wont be able to get a nice lope out of a cam with a 115 LSA to go with my blower :( lol

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
ill b honest, i am AFRAID of installing headers myself...
Cams r the real deal. me personnally im going to wait on the cams for a little while, untill i do more to my engine. So i'd go with some long tube headers and a mid-pipe. thats what im going to do, install my LTs and mid pipe at the same time

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
stop being a pussy and install the damn exhaust yourself. im going to be doing an engine rebuild and transmission rebuild. NOT sending it to a shop, so stop complaining. im tired of everyone saying **** is hard when it just isnt. the amount of time it takes doesnt always make it hard, it just makes it time consuming. and seeing as you live in SC it isnt hard. none of your **** is rusted to other ****. now THAT is hard.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts