Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably going to get gears (4.10's) in the summer, so in the mean time i want to get another performance mod for my car relatively soon. What i currently have done to my car is in my sig.
What would you guys do next? i was thinking headers or maybe throttle body.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Get a UDP...Dont get the BBK throttle body. I got one and installed it and it didnt work at all I had to send it back. I just got my money back,because the more I read about them the more i relized they were junk...I have heard that Zabtec's throttle body is ok.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get a UDP...Dont get the BBK throttle body. I got one and installed it and it didnt work at all I had to send it back. I just got my money back,because the more I read about them the more i relized they were junk...I have heard that Zabtec's throttle body is ok.
really? ok, yea i usually buy all my stuff from americanmuscle and the bbk is the one they sell. I have heard it doesn't do much for performance but i have heard the same with headers as well. i just figured the headers would at least make it sound better and still do a little bit of performance. did you get a UDP for your car, can you notice a difference?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yeah i bouhgt my BBK TB from americanmuscle and it was crap but they gave me a full return, so that was nice...I cant answer about the headers but from what iv read there is not much diffrence from stock, but to some people every little bit counts...it would for me if i had more money lol. I have heard that the Long tube headers add a nice HP boost, but i cant answer from pearsonal experiance...No i dont have the UDP but i want to get it. I will buy it as soon as i get some better wheels and tires...if you get it let me know how it goes.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Steeda UDP's were my first mod, and I thought they were sweet at the time, and that's because they are.

Hopefully over winter break I will be able to get an aluminum driveshaft from one of the guys on here (I think kiser...can't remember his name. He has a black 6er I'm pretty sure). Then over the summer I might have to do the exhaust.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steeda UDP's were my first mod, and I thought they were sweet at the time, and that's because they are.

Hopefully over winter break I will be able to get an aluminum driveshaft from one of the guys on here (I think kiser...can't remember his name. He has a black 6er I'm pretty sure). Then over the summer I might have to do the exhaust.
did you put the UDP on yourself, or have a shop do it for you? how much did they charge if you had them do it?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
did you put the UDP on yourself, or have a shop do it for you? how much did they charge if you had them do it?
Ha I had a hard enough time with my cai. They charged about 30$ I believe.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh $30 is not bad. I guess i'll prob get UDP next then, how much hp do you think it frees up to the wheels?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
you should buy my automatic shift kit ^.^

well i would vote udp.. not much performance left before things get expensive
I'd like that shift kit you have, but I'm not ready yet. I wanna go fast!

oh $30 is not bad. I guess i'll prob get UDP next then, how much hp do you think it frees up to the wheels?
Hard to tell. It was my first mod, I psychologically, I think I noticed it in the seat of the pants. Maybe 5 or so. Less than 10 most likely. About 1 or 2 more mpg's too.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i would keep in mind that most mods will help inhance other mods, so try to keep it "well rounded" as possible. i would bury your head in some mustang mags and talk to people that have these mods. most people are willing to void portions of their warrenty for the power., some are not. i think the only warrenty i have left is the A/C. i've done alot to my 07 v6 and about half of what i was told about the mods were wrong. some you will just need to try them out yourself and see how it goes. different people have different experiences so they will have a different opinion.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
I believe you can adjust the shifting with the tuner?? can't you?

Looks like you have all the basic mods. The gears will make big difference!

After that... maybe Juice it for some real fun :)
thats not what im talking about..

its going from

to

^ yes its a automatic

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Everytime you post a pic or mention that shift kiet you have youngin, it makes me want it more. One of these times I'm going to snap and in a crazy fit a rage, buy it. You've been warned.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ive never seen that before, so it's still an auto you just manually shift the gears? how much are you selling that for.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what have you heard about the UDP? my birthday is tomorrow, so im probably going to be getting some money and i want to use it to by stuff for my car. I thought UDP was a good idea. Can someone give me some input that has them?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I have UDP's, and I think they are good. Don't get them if you want to run a high output stereo system, or have some other kind of big electrical usage though. At idle I notice my lights slightly dim, and the air flow on the A/C slows slightly, but nothing major. Also, I lowered my idle RPM speed with my tuner, so that does have an effect on it.

Also if you plan on getting a blower, don't get UDP's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts