Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a CAI, exhaust, Tune, 3.73's, and short shifter. without turboin', supercharging, or cams, what else can i do performance wise?

·
Registered
262 Posts
NOS........or a Powered By Ford sticker on the windshield, it adds at least 15 horsepower

·
Registered
789 Posts
Long tubes, cmdp, upds. Your kinda tapped out without cams or boost though sorry. Ford got it right with the s197. There's no little jackass tricks to get 30rwhp from an exhaust intake etc. Just the tune really. Id save up an go sc but that's me.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
why not cams? no where near as expensive at f/i....

edit- not really performance...but bigger rims/tires!!!

·
Registered
789 Posts
why not cams? no where near as expensive at f/i....

edit- not really performance...but bigger rims/tires!!!
I don't have anything agaisnt cams, but for all the trouble I don't think its worth it IMO. at least on a DD. And here in cali, the police will drag you out of your car and beat you for that (not really but their pretty damn strict). Vs a sc that can have excellent drivability and give you more power.

·
Registered
486 Posts
if you're still on stocks, you're gonna need to get some good tires so you can hook better before you get more power otherwise its gonna be useless
i vote save up for F/I, maybe springs and LCAs

·
Registered
235 Posts
yeah I only have 10k mi on my stock tires and I can't grab for **** with my Pirelli's. Only aftermarket is CAI, tune and lowered suspension with glasspacks. I'm dieing to get some 10's ASAP

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Royal Pruple oil.... JK.. Aluminum driveshaft will free up about 14hp.. CM delete plates are good for atleast another 10hp, UDP's are good for 10hp... With out cam's or FI thats about as good as your going to do.. How much are you looking to spend?

·
Registered
789 Posts
yeah I only have 10k mi on my stock tires and I can't grab for **** with my Pirelli's. Only aftermarket is CAI, tune and lowered suspension with glasspacks. I'm dieing to get some 10's ASAP
I was right there with you. Except I had 4.10s too, I was trying to show off to my gf by flooring it in first at like 4k and it almost went sideways going into second. So a half a heart a attack later my buddy sold me his rims and tires and I bought some lca's from AM (their on sale right now) I can launch at 5k and get no wheel spin and it hardly even chirps going into second. Best mod I've done so far.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The fact of the matter and I am being truthful, I have cams, pullys delete plates. driveshaft 410 gears shorty headers o/r h pipe american thunder flows. Iam old school 70 years old. Iam at 330rwhp for me is fine but for the same price S/C it and get at least 100 more HP.Just my 2 cents but Iwould think most on this site will agree.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As of right now im thinking headers and suspension. It had new tires and 18" rims when i bought it last summer, (stored in the winter). Anyone install headers by themself? how long did it take?

·
Registered
789 Posts
The tb on our cars flows very good, the only time you'll need to put in a big bore tb is when you go fi. Even then you'd have to be putting alot of horses to the ground. You wont see any gains whatsoever onwith your mods.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts