Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp a new truck is in my future as the current truck is just getting too costly. Between cost of fuel for the thirsty sucker and the fact that I'm constantly making repairs, it was time to move on. My dilemma though is that I reaaaally don't want to get rid of the truck. I've sunk so much money into it including a brand new 383 stroker motor, that I just cant give it up. Plus I've owned the truck for damn near 6 years now and its been everywhere with me. It honestly is one of my favorite vehicles ive owned.

The issue is I have no where to keep it. The apartment I'm sure will raise hell if I leave it sit in the parking lot never driven and puking fluids everywhere. My parents offered to let me keep it at the house for a while until we figure out what we do with it but its not permanent. We have a storage unit too but we plan to get rid of that soon. (I suppose I could take over rent for it maybe... idk).

I've debated just selling the truck but as is and even with its issues fixed, I don't see it being worth more than two grand or so. And to me, its too good of a truck to let it go for that cheap. I guess it also goes back to the fact that I don't want to get rid of it.

Right now I have a shortish list of repairs that needs to get done but it is still derivable and I am still driving it nearly every day. Things that need fixed is:

new break booster
new speed sensor
new distributor cap
new exhaust

the truck its self is starting to rust pretty bad and will need bodywork if some one wants it to last.

over all I have thousands put into this truck and especially a lot recently and i just dont want to throw it all away. I know if I sell it, i'll regret it.

So I guess here id ask what you guys would do or suggest?

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
I'd park it at the apartment until they said something and then I'd find somewhere to store it until you have the time/funds to fix the issues with it. My GT sat for probably 2 months at my apartment complex before I ever did anything with it, they didn't care.

But if you were to the point of selling it I'd grab a junkyard 350 to toss in and sell the 383 separately.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's an option. Dunno how long it will last getting to sit there. I have thought of the idea of putting a junker 350 in and keeping the motor. That's not a horrible idea either . Just a pain in the ass lol

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welp that was too easy. Called the shop that built my motor with a question about my trans leak. Told him about the storing issue and he was like. "**** you can keep it in my pole barn at my old shop at the house no charge. Just leave some keys".

Too easy and I really appreciate him doing that.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Welp that was too easy. Called the shop that built my motor with a question about my trans leak. Told him about the storing issue and he was like. "**** you can keep it in my pole barn at my old shop at the house no charge. Just leave some keys".

Too easy and I really appreciate him doing that.
Nice. That's lucky. Unless he commits a bunch of bank robberies with it I guess...

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol I know he wouldn't have time to rob even is own business. He lives in the shop working on cars. Man is a machine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts