Modded Mustang Forums banner

What should i Do?

502 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  shadow98gt 
#1 ·
Ok so i am currently in the process of building 96 cobra with an eaton S/C. The question i have is, the heads that i have are also 96 B heads and i was wondering if it's worth it to have them P/P'd. I talked to my neighbor who is a God when it comes to cars and he said that it's not worth it with the S/c since it forces the air anyways. So should i take his advice or should i save up some extra cash to get them done? On another note what dish should i go with on the pistons, i'm putting forged manley rods in it and i see they have 11 cc, 15 cc and 18cc dished piston heads. thanks in advance.

#2 ·
i had somewhat of the same delima everyone told me i should do a stage 1 p/p but i was lookin at a tt set up.my mech told me i should run the 11cc and and bore the engine .20 or .30 over with em and i too am going with the manley pistons and rods you can also buy them off dagostinoracing.com with the proper bore size and if i remember right when i looked them up they was a little cheaper than manley's website hope this helped a little

#3 ·
ehh a little... the main question was; is it worth getting the heads ported and polished if Im S/C the engine... Im getting my pistons from lethalperformance.com it's about $1,500 for rings, rods and piston heads.

#4 ·
no **** i think that might be cheaper than what i found on dagostinoracing's web site go take a look at it though and see if its the same pistons and rods and let me know but my mech told me for the tt it would help it alot to have the heads p/p and the intake ported

#10 ·
I appreciate that, carnage, but I don't really know all that much when it comes to engine modification for B-ports, at least not at the level of detail that the OP wants.

Bitemark seems to be the b-port guru 'round these parts, and would be my suggestion as the person to talk to.

I would add that the general consensus around here is that B-port heads LOVE boost, and the right port/polish will make them capable of supporting 1,000 hp.

#6 ·
ok will do, ya the prices are a lil higher at dagastino... but im still unsure what to do with the heads. I mean my neighbor races cars and he told me that a true Port and polish is expensive. he has his heads done and thats for $4g's and thats way above my price range. but idk

#7 ·
wow that seems really high the place im going through is lowes speed shop in indiana they priced me at 250 a head for stage 1 port and then its gonna be 195 for the comp vavle grind and 150 to port the intake but if i want a race port its gonna cost 75hr and the 195 for comp vavle grind id call around some speed shops and ask them the prices

#8 ·
ya i was looking to do a stage 2 P/P if i do have it done and there is only one shop near me. I mean there a a few around but there a little bit of a drive. they quoted me around $800(plus a lil extra im sure) for both heads and cleaning them up too. I really wouldn't need to do the intake since it's an Eaton M112.

#12 ·
i had a supercharger on my car b4 i got the TT setup, and my tuner suggested that i PP my heads on my 98 cobra. i got them raceported, and rebuilt (minus the cams) for 2400 and it's sposed to do a wonder with boost. When i spoke with my tuner concerning my goals before i did anything i told him i wanted as much hp that was streetable, and he said 550-600, and that i should get my heads p&p. I already had my bottom end rebuilt with manley rods and 18cc probe blower pistons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.