Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I recently got an 06 mustang with shaker 500 sound system. It is pretty decent and I like the little bit of bass it gives, but I want louder and more bass. The speakers sound like they're about to go. I just wanted opinions on what I should get. I want to spend about $500-600 for now. Should I just get subs, or replace all my speakers and maybe get an amp and some subs as well? I am also new to all of this, I apologize lol. Also, I listen to Hip-Hop/R&b/Rap..All that lovely stuff, so I like it loud with that bass (;
All opinions are much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
really depends on how picky on sound quality you are.if you want good sound just get jl,pioneer etc.etc. but if you want crystal clear sound go for speakers like hertz, thats what i have in my car and are by far the best reasonably priced speakers i've ever heard and i still havent hooked up my amp yet to get their max potential.another thing to consider is an aftermarket deck that will help out alot also

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Just save up and do it all at once. Go to--- Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers and get a nice 10" sub, some speakers and a new head unit when you can afford it all at once, then install them!

I recommend Pioneer head units and kicker L5 or L7 series (or JL) subs. Speakers can go many ways, just research those a bit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information guys! I really appreciate it:) I've been looking on the website you gave me, and I came across these;
Kicker 10C128 12" Comp Subs + Autotek ATX1000.2 Amp + Kit + Sub Box
Do they seem okay for that price?
It comes with pretty much everything, all I would need is a new head unit and maybe two new front speakers. I'll also have to get this done professionally because i've never done it haha

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
You would be fine with something like that, but the amp and wires on those kits are a bit skimpy. I would buy it all separate so that you can get top quality to ensure the longevity. Those will be OK, though. I wouldn't take it to best buy to get installed; electronic express gives a lifetime warranty and is half the price. I've had nothing but great experiences with them. Look on Amazon.com for a pioneer ps2300dvd head unit. It may be more than you're wanting, but I have it and it is PERFECT. They're on clearance now a days last time i checked. I will also add that 2- 12" subs isn't really necessary in a Mustang. 2 10" or 1 12" or even one 10" will do well if they're high quality. Quality over quantity :) Let me know if you have more questions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh really? See I wouldn't know anything about that lol, thank you for pointing that out! :p I came across this sub; Kicker 10C122 (10C12-2) 12" Single 2 ohm Comp Subwoofer. And I searched amazon for that Head Unit and only saw this one; (Link :p). And that's very true. I prefer quality over quantity anyday, these subs seem decent and have nice reviews, and are a good price. Then i'll only have to buy (I apologize again, i'm still new to this lol) A head unit..Amp..And speakers? Do I need those tweeter things? And not to mention wiring, haha. I would NEVER take it to best buy; I have nothing but bad things to say about them. :p I've never heard of electronic express though. I live in PA, and last time I got 4 speakers and a head unit installed at Audio Sensations. I heard that Maximum is a good place though, but I have no clue. Haha. Oh, and I guess i'd need a box thing too, unless wherever I take it to offers that. And thank you again for the info!

·
Registered
12 Posts

def get comp front speakers you won't regret it.mind my shitmess was in the process of fitting bigger speakers in my doors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts