Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the title says all. Im not loaded with money. i am just looking for a somewhat cheap mod thats going to make a big difference. Such as, lowering springs or wheel spacers.

This is what I have now:
Mach 460 sound system with a jl W3 SUB and seperate amp for the sub
Alpine touchscreen DVD navigation w/ ipod holder in the glovebox
retro gauges
tinted windows
chrome bullits 17x9 rear 17x8 front
shaved rear wing with smoked third brake light
aftermarket headlights and tail lights
BBK cold air intake
proflo mass air underdrive pulleys steeda timming pully
magnaflow catback magnapacks
3:73s short throw shifter
ford racing calipers baer 2 piece eradispeed crossdrilled slotted and vented rotors oversized front and rear.

Heres my photobucket for several pics:01 Mustang GT pictures by playa1barr - Photobucket

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
car looks good but hmm i think before you do anything else get some oem tail lights and smoke them but besides that eibach pro kit and maximum motorsports cc plates with koni adjustable shocks.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
01gtstang looks like your here too like i said go with some cams and valve springs

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
FL SFC's.

·
Registered
233 Posts
First get rid of those tail lights and get some stockers or the 99/01 Cobras. The ones with the yellow turn signal...then look into a X Pipe, Sub-frame connectors, Upper and lower rear control arms, lowering springs or coil overs, C/C plates, bump steer kit, X2 ball joints, and maybe a Aluminum drive-shaft for now. You don't have to look for them in this order but it would help to install the rear control arms, springs (or coil overs), sub-frame connectors, CC plates, bump steer and ball joints all at the same time. Then you won't have that of that 4x4 look.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
something you can do for free is clean up that engine bay

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
some 17x10.5 bullitts for the back!! lol eibach pro kit, mm cc plates....its better to have less high quality mods than it is to have a bunch of cheap junk mods :)

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Off Road Mid pipe, Throttle Body, Plenum, SFC's?

·
Registered
640 Posts
nitrous. best mod i have ever done

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Xenon quater window scoops!
looks sick on mine, and our stang's look pretty similar.
check out my garage

·
Registered
634 Posts
Like most were saying get rid of those tail lights and lower the car with some sportline eibach springs and some eibach pro kit dampers. but if looks are not your thing right now then I would go throttle body/plenum since your on a budget and since you already have the CAI it would be a deacent(sp) gain!

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
huggy bear is right. Accufab makes a nice lookin 70mm TB+plenum combo that will give u good HP gains and really shines up your engine all for under $500

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
75mm BBK and C&L plenum is the next best setup IMO for alot less cash :)

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
75mm is more for supercharged and heavily modded applications. u can do it, it wont hurt. just isnt neccesary for a midly modded engine

depends on future plans and ur budget

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
75 is just right for any GT (minus FI cars) lol the heads are already restrictive enough...why make another bottle neck? lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts