Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i own a 2000 mustang gt supercharged with 42lb injectors and a ford gt supercar fuel pump tuned for 394hp at 7-8 lb of boost.

Its about 40 degreese outside and i started the car up after installing the gauges and the fuel pressure reads around 30-40psi at idle and the oil pressure reads around 80-85 psi at idle. i didnt get a chance to drive it around cause the car is really loud and i didnt get done till late. Do these numbers seem normal. Also what numbers on the fuel pressure and oil pressure should be at and also what numbers on the oil pressure and fuel pressure should i get worried at. thanks

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
Those numbers are fine. You should see 39.5 psi of fuel pressure at "0" vacuum/boost, so if you're pulling 18-20 in/Hg of vacuum while idling, the fuel pressure should be around 30-31 psi. As far as oil pressure is concerned, with 5W30, cold idle pressure will be anywhere from 70-100 psi, and that will drop as the engine warms up. 12-25 psi at hot idle is pretty common.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea my car was at 85 then i let it warm up and it dropped then i drove it up the street n back and it dropped some more. i havnt had a chance to really warm it up cause the exhaust leak sounds like open headers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts