Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size are the speakers in my 94 GT? Its a non-mach 460 car. I looked on crutchfield; they have a car speaker sizer. But it says that both 5.25", as well as 6x8" speakers will fit the car. And they say they both fit the front and rear. Hmm. A little confusing there.

I got 5.25" for the front already, should I get 6x8's for the rear? That would be under the rear glass of course, in the rear deck. They actually mount in the trunk. What size should I go with for the rear?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I bought these:

Amazon.com: JL Audio C2-570x 5x7 2-way Car Audio Speakers (Pair): Car Electronics

Does anyone know if I can use the factory wire? It seems like everyone will tell you that you need to run better wire when you upgrade to better speakers. But I don't know what size wire to get. You don't wanna go too big, but at the same time you're trying to get away from the factory wire that's too small. The factory wire is what...22 gauge? Perhaps I need to upgrade to 16 ga. speaker wire?

Monster Cable 60' ft Audio Speaker Wire 100 OFC Copper | eBay

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You will get a much better sound with new wires. I noticed a huge improvement when I changed out the stock wire, they are just too small of a gauge not to mention old and crusty. I always thought my rear deck speakers were 6x9, but mine came with 200w Polks already installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts