Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at different rims on AM. But im not sure what size i should get. Can anyone tell me what the stock size of 2001 v6 rims are. I just want new rims i dont want to buy all new tires.
Thanks.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I bought my 18's with new tires on them for 900 after tax from oe wheels. If you cant afford that then craigslist always has some rims and tires for pretty cheap. Just keep looking

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock are 16
I have 17s and can't complain. But get 18s if you can afford them.
if i got 17s or 18s i would have to get new wheels which im not too excited to do but i will if I need too.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Didn't you just ask about what rims you should get?
If youre just looking for tires for the stock wheels...they're 225/55 r16 I think?
Don't remember if they're 55 or 45. Just go look on the sidewall.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didn't you just ask about what rims you should get?
If youre just looking for tires for the stock wheels...they're 225/55 r16 I think?
Don't remember if they're 55 or 45. Just go look on the sidewall.
Just rims is what i really want, but people are saying should just go for the full upgrade and get bigger rims and tires instead of just getting the stock 16s

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought my 18's with new tires on them for 900 after tax from oe wheels. If you cant afford that then craigslist always has some rims and tires for pretty cheap. Just keep looking
i just checked that site out. has alot of good rims. Did you buy both the tires and the rims from there? Or did you buy a apackage of some sort?

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
I'm confused as to what you want. Buying another set of 16" rims would be worthless imo.

If you have good tires on your car now, just wait until they're low and get rims and tires all at once.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm confused as to what you want. Buying another set of 16" rims would be worthless imo.

If you have good tires on your car now, just wait until they're low and get rims and tires all at once.
I was looking for a new set of rims. But i like your idea better. mine as well just wait so i can just get tires and rims together.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
dont go any smaller than 17x9, thats what i went, i wish i went 18's but i was going conservative.

americanmuscle.com oe wheels stangmods.com theres plenty of vendors, craigslist.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Don't even think about going with 16's. You'll be very disappointed. 17's are great but still sort of small in my opinion. I have a set of 17x8 Bullitts that I only run during the winter. I think 18's are perfect and I run my 18x9/18x10s during the summer.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
DO NOT GET 16's
waste of money.
i got my 17' bullitts for $110 off craiglist.
deals are out there, just look for them

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Rim - the outer part of a wheel joined to the hub usually by spokes

Wheel - a circular frame of hard material that may be solid, partly, solid, or spoked and that is capable of turning on an axle

Just save up for some 18's and rubber.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts