Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
did you get a 5" backing plate with it as well. if not you will need that and use 5.5" pads only for corection you can get away with 6.5" pads to spread waxes/sealants/glazes

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you get a 5" backing plate with it as well. if not you will need that and use 5.5" pads only for corection you can get away with 6.5" pads to spread waxes/sealants/glazes
Awesome thank you.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
if it came with 5x 6" pads you can still use them, they just aren't as effective as 5" pads and a little more cumbersome
bluesmoke does great work with his 6" pads, but I think I've convinced him to go 5" next time he needs to :lol
where did you get your polisher? DD said they will switch out 6" backing plates for 5" backing plates for us

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
if it came with 5x 6" pads you can still use them, they just aren't as effective as 5" pads and a little more cumbersome
bluesmoke does great work with his 6" pads, but I think I've convinced him to go 5" next time he needs to :lol
where did you get your polisher? DD said they will switch out 6" backing plates for 5" backing plates for us
phil still hasn't gotten back to me about that :(

edit: and it even came with the 5.5" pads :mad:

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven't ordered it yet, but I am tomorrow. Do I just call DD and tell them I want a 5" backing plate instead?

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Haven't ordered it yet, but I am tomorrow. Do I just call DD and tell them I want a 5" backing plate instead?
When i ordered my GG from DD and it CAME with a 5.5 inch backing plate. If you order the GG with the uber pads kit combo i think he gives you the uber backing plate to match the pads. Good deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts