Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I use 5.5" pads on my Makita 9227C rotary. I have some 5.5'' Ubers coming in and I have the Lake Country original 5.5" and Lake Country Hydrotechs in 5.5". I use a 5" Chemical Guys Evolve4R foamed backing plate that conforms to curved panels to hold them. I also have a 3" backing plate that is coming tomorrow with some 4" Uber pads for harder to reach areas and smaller panels. It comes with an adapter to use both on the rotary and d/a.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i only use the 5inch pads :(

i want to upgrade!!!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I have always used 9 inch pads, so I was curious what everyone else was using!
Thats crazy man haha, I think that size is overkill for anything other than the hood, roof, or top of the decklid.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Do you mean size or brand 5.5" pads are a great size.
size!

i would love to have the 9inch pad to get the big body panels (hood, doors and rear fender) and then use the 5.5 on the front fender and front/rear bumpers...

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
size!

i would love to have the 9inch pad to get the big body panels (hood, doors and rear fender) and then use the 5.5 on the front fender and front/rear bumpers...
Are you using a Rotary polisher or a DA polisher?

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I have 5.5" pads and love it with a 5" backing plate...Perfect range IMHO...I want to get a flex and at that time the PC will prolly get a 3" plate with 4" pads for those hard to reach areas...

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
My rotary and my DA both use 5.5" pads. I do have some 7" pads from the lake country 1 use pad system though. Rarely used.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts