Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm buying a new in-tank fuel pump, my question is, should I get a 255lph or do you guys think I'll be good with a 190lph. There will be no more mods to this car after I'm done.

Heres the mods. 306, TFS Twisted wedge, custom grind cam, 24# injectors, GT40 upper and lower, 65mm TB, 10.1:1 compression, will be a 70mm MAF, Aeromotive adj. fuel pressure regulator, Equal length shorties, x-pipe no cats, CAI, and a bunch more bolt ons that probably won't make much difference as far as this question goes, like electric fan, AC and smog delete, gears,ect, ect.. BUT here's the thing, I also have a Big Shot wet kit that I will probably be shooting 150hp jets with... I'm thinking I'm going to need the 255, but would like to use 190 for cost reasons... what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
im not sure.....i dont think there would be any problems haveing the 255 tho just to be safe

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why not go bigger?

it's safer.
because if its not neccassary, why spend the extra cash?

If it I have to, I have to, but if I get input from guys who have experience with this and say a 255 would be a waste, then I'm going to go with the 190.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
its not that much price difference is it

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I hear what your saying fogged.

but we both know that most people will mod more than they say.. it's an addiction and why buy twice? :)

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
imo i would run the 190 and an inline booster pump that motor will make good power on motor and with the nitrous its going to need more of a fuel pump.thats my .02

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear what your saying fogged.

but we both know that most people will mod more than they say.. it's an addiction and why buy twice? :)
Yea I know, but I'm over 7k in with the mods alone and I'm starting to count my pennies.. especially now that I'm on my 4th cam and I havent even put the damn thing together yet. I'm actually selling the car after I get it together, but I want to make sure its done right, I'm not one to sell something if its not on the level, know what I mean? Plus after 4 years of being apart I want to have a little fun with it before it goes.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imo i would run the 190 and an inline booster pump that motor will make good power on motor and with the nitrous its going to need more of a fuel pump.thats my .02
So why a 190 w/ a booster as opposed to just a 255 alone.. will I get more out of the booster and the 190? I was always curious how those worked anyway.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
why are you building it just to sell it......that sounds like such a shame

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is kinda. It wasn't my intention to do originally. I got the car when I was 22 and its been apart ever since. I'm almost 27 now and priorities have changed a little. I really want to keep the car but it just doesn't make sense financially right now... maybe someday, when I've made my pile of monies, I'll build another.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
o i c

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
get a 255, you have an adjustable regulator so you could always back the pressure down if you need to but the risk of burning down the motor doesn't justify the 10 bucks you saved by going with the 190 does it ???

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Right now I'm buying a new in-tank fuel pump, my question is, should I get a 255lph or do you guys think I'll be good with a 190lph. There will be no more mods to this car after I'm done.

Heres the mods. 306, TFS Twisted wedge, custom grind cam, 24# injectors, GT40 upper and lower, 65mm TB, 10.1:1 compression, will be a 70mm MAF, Aeromotive adj. fuel pressure regulator, Equal length shorties, x-pipe no cats, CAI, and a bunch more bolt ons that probably won't make much difference as far as this question goes, like electric fan, AC and smog delete, gears,ect, ect.. BUT here's the thing, I also have a Big Shot wet kit that I will probably be shooting 150hp jets with... I'm thinking I'm going to need the 255, but would like to use 190 for cost reasons... what do you guys think?
Cost reasons? R U serious? its like what a 10-20 dollar difference? If that. did you just say cost reasons for such a small difference?

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
He does not need an inline pump for what he has. If he runs the 255 he will be fine. Cmon jordan he is cryin over what a 10-20 dollar difference and you suggest buyin a $200 pump.. OK?:eek:

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
get a 255, you have an adjustable regulator so you could always back the pressure down if you need to but the risk of burning down the motor doesn't justify the 10 bucks you saved by going with the 190 does it ???
Well he is not gonna burn down the motor with the 190. Like I said the cost difference between the 2 are so small but since you are gonna sell it then I guess save the 10-20 bucks and get the 190lph I guess..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts